advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Curb grocery pickup?
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 07, 2022 09:37AM
I know nothing about curbside grocery pickup. What happens to frozen food, milk, cheese? Is there info online for places like Walmart’s procedure?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Curb grocery pickup?
Posted by: wave rider
Date: May 07, 2022 10:10AM
I've only done pickup at Safeway and a local market.

The local market keeps everything in the cooler or freezer (as needed) until you text them that you are in the parking lot. Worked quite well.

=wr=
Posted by: steve...
Date: May 07, 2022 10:46AM
I use Walmart's online order/pickup frequently. They keep your cold items separately so ordering cold/frozen items is no problem. It works very well for me since I usually buy similar items with each order. I usually shop in person at Safeway for fruit and vegetables.

Their website will tell you if an item is out of stock. You can accept or decline substitutions when ordering - each item or everything. It's not just food - hardware, over-the-counter medicines, alcohol, etc. are available. The website will let you know if it can be picked up.

There's a $35 minimum order and you specify a one hour time slot when you want to pick up your order - I usually order the day before. You can add items later if you forget something. They let you know through their phone app when its ready and you tell them when you're on your way and what spot you park in when you get there.

Works well for me.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 07, 2022 01:16PM
Walmart claims the pickup prices are the same as in store.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 07, 2022 01:54PM
steve...
I use Walmart's online order/pickup frequently. They keep your cold items separately so ordering cold/frozen items is no problem. It works very well for me since I usually buy similar items with each order. I usually shop in person at Safeway for fruit and vegetables.

Their website will tell you if an item is out of stock. You can accept or decline substitutions when ordering - each item or everything. It's not just food - hardware, over-the-counter medicines, alcohol, etc. are available. The website will let you know if it can be picked up.

There's a $35 minimum order and you specify a one hour time slot when you want to pick up your order - I usually order the day before. You can add items later if you forget something. They let you know through their phone app when its ready and you tell them when you're on your way and what spot you park in when you get there.

Works well for me.

A good summation of my experience too. VERY few incorrect or missing items, and the personnel loading the groceries have without exception been friendly, fast and efficient.

I’ve had good experience with substitutions. Very often the substitute ends up yielding me a larger quantity for the price of the missing item.

In a pinch, there is a window to try change your pick-up time if you need to, but only to a later slot, if there are any available.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Date: May 07, 2022 02:39PM
wave rider
I've only done pickup at Safeway and a local market.

The local market keeps everything in the cooler or freezer (as needed) until you text them that you are in the parking lot. Worked quite well.

Ah nice to know
Date: May 07, 2022 02:42PM
Blankity Blank
steve...

Thanks all.doesn’t seem bad at all. Oh this modern life………

Works well for me.

A good summation of my experience too. VERY few incorrect or missing items, and the personnel loading the groceries have without exception been friendly, fast and efficient.

I’ve had good experience with substitutions. Very often the substitute ends up yielding me a larger quantity for the price of the missing item.

In a pinch, there is a window to try change your pick-up time if you need to, but only to a later slot, if there are any available.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020