advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Storied Eric Clapton performance at the Fillmore finally being officially released
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: May 07, 2022 04:26PM
Hopefully we can leave pandemic talk out of this thread

I’ve been waiting years for an official release of this show

Yes there’s YouTube audio out there, but an official 4K release can’t be beat

If this is a prelude of things to come, I can’t wait

[youtu.be]

More info here

[www.ericclapton.com]

My music blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Storied Eric Clapton performance at the Fillmore finally being officially released
Posted by: hal
Date: May 07, 2022 04:33PM
I only saw him once right around this period and he didn't play anything that was this good/this interesting...
Re: Storied Eric Clapton performance at the Fillmore finally being officially released
Posted by: jonny
Date: May 07, 2022 05:13PM
So hard to think about him then without thinking about him today.
Must… resist…
Posted by: rz
Date: May 07, 2022 06:49PM
Saw him twice in the 80s. Good shows.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: May 07, 2022 07:06PM
after he stopped doing junk, he sucked.
I saw him in summer of 1974 at the international amphitheater in chicago with Santana and it was a ripping show..they played three songs together including crossroads to close the night..nuts..Santana was great too..in original form before he soon went down the tubes as well..
Can't stand watching the guy in the last 45 years or so..421 Ocean Blvd was a decent record and then it was DONE..zzzzz
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 07, 2022 07:39PM
after the 1st solo 1970, all the LPs were kind of one or a few decent tracks. a lot of hoo-hum in many cases. Still an enjoyable player, but not much in the way of songs, even with others.
Too bad Blind Faith didn't make it past 1 LP.
I could easily see where this could be a good release.
Since he digs the blues and could care less about pop other than paying for the custom Ferrari.

see what I did there?

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 07, 2022 08:55PM
I’ll check it out. The From the Cradle stuff was an honest effort. And hey, we were told at the time he was legit because of the boots he wore for the artwork (I bought the CD back then. )
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 08, 2022 05:37AM
I'm not really a Ferrari fan, but that is gorgeous!

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 08, 2022 06:03PM
I’d like to take his little E string and wrap it around his smug neck and tune it up to Bb.
Posted by: August West
Date: May 08, 2022 07:21PM
Are you sure they are releasing that show? Reading the Youtube link, it seems to indicate 17 songs from the tour will be released. I spent a good amount od time in that incarnation of the Fillmore.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."

Posted by: hal
Date: May 09, 2022 04:55PM
"Soundtrack features 17 blues classics recorded live at the Fillmore in San Francisco in November 1994 during the From the Cradle Tour"

from ericclapton.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020