advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
NYTimes censors WORDLE
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 09, 2022 08:04PM
The New York Times moved swiftly to change Monday’s answer to its daily Wordle puzzle out of fear that it would be seen as some sort of commentary on the debate over abortion rights.

The game, which became a sensation late last year and was bought by The Times in January, gives users six tries to guess a different five-letter word each day.

Yet The Times scrambled when it discovered that Monday’s word, which had been entered into Wordle’s computer program last yearThe New York Times moved swiftly to change Monday’s answer to its daily Wordle puzzle out of fear that it would be seen as some sort of commentary on the debate over abortion rights.

The game, which became a sensation late last year and was bought by The Times in January, gives users six tries to guess a different five-letter word each day.

Yet The Times scrambled when it discovered that Monday’s word, which had been entered into Wordle’s computer program last year, was “fetus.”...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NYTimes censors WORDLE
Posted by: gadje
Date: May 09, 2022 08:18PM
WTF, is fetus a controversial word now?
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 09, 2022 08:22PM
gadje

Given the current situation with the Supreme Court leak, perhaps.

Thanks to the NYT for the change, though - I got today's Plan B word in two turns!

(LOL - see what I did there?)

It is what it is.
Posted by: gadje
Date: May 09, 2022 08:28PM
I got today's Plan B word in two turns!

me too. I was watching the news about a certain mammal animal ingesting the FL waters and used that word a a start.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 09, 2022 08:42PM
gadje

me too. I was watching the news about a certain mammal animal ingesting the FL waters and used that word a a start.

Dang, it was a four-banger for me today. I started w/ my standard first two starting words, "RATES" and "LINGO", which netted a couple of letters each. Then I zigged, when I shoulda zagged, before getting back into the swing of things at the County Fair races.
==
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 09, 2022 11:16PM
gadje

“Now”? Somebody hasn’t been keeping up with the… er…”debate”. big grin smiley

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 10, 2022 12:27AM
they'll censor that, yet print Trump's ramblings?

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 10, 2022 02:04AM
gadje

Your starting word and my starting word differed by only one letter.

It is what it is.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 10, 2022 02:08AM
I've taken up a bigger challenge - Worldle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 165
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020