advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Dr. gave me Meloxicam for muscle spasms. It’s for arthritis pain.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 09, 2022 09:20PM
He wanted to use Cymbalta and I said no. I don’t know about this guy. It’s a history too long to tell here, but my muscles fatigue and spasm after very minimal use. I don’t think Meloxicam or Cymbalta are either one the answer. He’s a Nurse Practitioner. My doctor will be mysteriously gone for “a few weeks.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dr. gave me Meloxicam for muscle spasms. It’s for arthritis pain.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: May 09, 2022 10:22PM
I had similar muscle problems, with excruciating spasms. Medication for inflammation could be helpful if nerve malfunction is causing the spasms. I had something similar, but don't recall its name. Cymbalta was also helpful for a while. Botox injections also helped, but had to be repeated every 90 days and they hurt like hell. The cymbalta was definitely helpful, but the side effects were awful. Hope this resolves for you.

Posted by: Diana
Date: May 10, 2022 12:50AM
Meloxicam is an NSAID, and can help with inflammation, if that is an issue for you. Stronger than aspirin, it can contribute to stomach erosion/bleeding, and can be hard(er) on the kidneys. My mom has been taking it, and was told today by her cardiologist to stop taking it; her eGFR has dropped from the 50s to 33 as of the last time they drew blood (back in December), making her Stage 3b in chronic kidney disease. They drew blood today to check it. Yay not. Keep in mind that she’s 84 and refused prior to today to think about taking care of herself diet-wise.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 10, 2022 07:40AM
Do you live in a state that has approved medical marijuana? If so, it may be worthing a consultation.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 11, 2022 07:42AM
I used to be a chart reviewer for NP’s. The number of holding-my-head-in-my-hands-and-weeping-quietly-to-myself-while-despairing-over-the-state-of-our-healthcare-system moments was too many to count. And now they are going into independent practice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2022 07:42AM by S. Pupp.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 11, 2022 09:57AM
Ombligo
Do you live in a state that has approved medical marijuana? If so, it may be worthing a consultation.

I hadn’t thought of that. I’ll look it I into it.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 11, 2022 12:57PM
Well, he gave you something and got you out of his office.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020