advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
A sharper image - Webb telescope comes into focus
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 10, 2022 05:41AM
The Webb telescope will soon be showing new sharper images of the universe. To show what the new telescope is capable of, images were released comparing it to the Spitzer Space telescope used previously.

/

The test image shows part of the Large Magellanic Cloud, a small satellite galaxy of the Milky Way, located about 160,000 light-years away.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2022 05:43AM by Ombligo.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A sharper image - Webb telescope comes into focus
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: May 10, 2022 07:46AM
Scientific achievements like this help keep me going. Thanks for posting.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: May 10, 2022 07:49AM
pRICE cUBE
Scientific achievements like this help keep me going. Thanks for posting.

Indeed; this.

I've always said I hope I live long enough to see a Europa submersible mission. The Clipper Mission is step one, and there's experimentation for small submersible drones for future missions. I really want to see video imagery from an ocean on another world.

Posted by: MindMeld
Date: May 10, 2022 09:49AM
For some reason I couldn't open the image, but I found this web site (Gizmodo) that shows the same images. The difference between the Spitzer image and the Webb image is absolutely stunning.

[gizmodo.com]
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: May 10, 2022 10:51AM
Zoidberg
I've always said I hope I live long enough to see a Europa submersible mission.

Ditto
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 10, 2022 05:52PM
pRICE cUBE
Scientific achievements like this help keep me going.

And I thought it was mainlining sugar.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 10, 2022 10:56PM
Zoidberg
I've always said I hope I live long enough to see a Europa submersible mission. The Clipper Mission is step one, and there's experimentation for small submersible drones for future missions. I really want to see video imagery from an ocean on another world.

Every see Europa Report?
[youtu.be]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020