advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
18 going on?!....4 sitcoms renewed, 4 canceled, 9 dramas canceled, 1 renewed....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 12, 2022 12:40PM
.....this must be renewal/cancellation day as all these have come in at once....

.....they just renewed......'American Auto'.....'Grand Crew'.....'Young Rock' on NBC.....

....'Mr. Mayor' and 'Kenan' on NBC....both canceled....

....'Endgame' on NBC....canceled....

......'B Positive'.....'Magnum P.I'.....'How We Roll'....'Good Sam' on CBS canceled.....

....'All American: Homecoming' on the CW.....renewed....

....'Charmed'....'Naomi'....'4400'.....'Dynasty'......'Roswell, New Mexico'....'In the Dark' on the CW......canceled [ bloodbath for the CW - 6 shows canceled ]......

....‘Awkwafina Is Nora From Queens’ at Comedy Central.....renewed.....

American Auto Renewed for Season 2

....American Auto still has plenty of gas left in the tank, having secured a Season 2 renewal at NBC

American Auto’s 10-episode freshman run averaged 2.7 million total weekly viewers and a 0.5 demo rating (with Live+7 playback). Out of the five sitcoms NBC has aired this TV season, it ranks No. 1 in audience and ties Young Rock for the highest demo rating. According to our sister site Deadline, Season 2 will span 13 episodes instead of 10.

Hailing from Superstore creator Justin Spitzer, American Auto follows the employees at Detroit’s Payne Motors, who must adapt to the changing automobile industry or risk getting sent to the proverbial junkyard. Ana Gasteyer (Saturday Night Live) stars as new CEO Katherine Hastings, whose leadership, experience and savvy is only slightly offset by her complete lack of knowledge about cars.....

will have one more season......?!

B Positive Cancelled at CBS

....There’s no putting a positive spin on this one. CBS has cancelled B Positive after two seasons

B Positive‘s sophomore run averaged 5.7 million total weekly viewers and a 0.6 demo rating (with Live+7 playback), steady in audience but down two tenths in the demo from its Season 1 tallies. Out of the seven sitcoms CBS has aired this TV season, it ranks No. 6 in audience and ties for No. 5 in the demo.

Whereas Season 1 of the multi-camera sitcom was about Thomas Middleditch’s Drew, a man in need of a kidney, and Annaleigh Ashford’s Gina, his unlikely donor, Season 2 followed up the successful transplant with a financial windfall for Gina, steering her life — and in turn the series — in a very new direction. A complete overhaul came in Episode 3, when Gina took over Valley Hills and the series introduced a new Ensemble of a Certain Age, including Hector Elizondo, Jane Seymour, Ben Vereen and Jim Beaver....

no more......no season 3......?!

Mr. Mayor and Kenan Cancelled at NBC

....Mr. Mayor just lost its bid for reelection. And Kenan has had its last laugh.

NBC on Thursday cancelled both sitcoms after two seasons

Meanwhile, as also reported on Tuesday, NBC pulled the plug on The Endgame after one season, and renewed American Auto, Young Rock and Grand Crew.

In its second season, Mr. Mayor has shed nearly half of its already minuscule numbers, averaging just 2.4 million total weekly viewers and a 0.4 demo rating — and its May 3 episode hit series lows in both measures. The May 17 season finale will now serve as a series finale as well.

Danson starred as wealthy business tycoon Neil Bremer, who runs for mayor of Los Angeles on a lark and wins, thrusting him into a world of bureaucratic red tape and political gridlock. Holly Hunter costarred as his idealistic deputy mayor Arpi Meskimen, who knows local government from her 30 years on the city council.

Kenan‘s 10-episode sophomore run — which aired in January two episodes at a time, ostensibly to get it all out ahead of NBC’s Winter Olympics coverage — averaged 2.1 million total weekly viewers and a 0.35 demo rating (with Live+7 playback), down sharply from its freshman numbers (2.9 mil/0.6). Out of the five sitcoms NBC has aired this TV season, it ranks last in the demo and outdraws only the just-renewed Grand Crew.....

2 more......canceled.....?!

The Endgame Cancelled at NBC

....It’s the end for The Endgame: NBC has cancelled the cat-and-mouse thriller after just one season

The network also cancelled the sitcoms Mr. Mayor and Kenan on Thursday, while renewing the comedies American Auto, Young Rock and Grand Crew.

The Endgame as of May 1 was averaging 3.6 million total weekly viewers and a 0.4 demo rating (with Live+7 playback), drawing a bigger audience but smaller demo number than time slot predecessor Ordinary Joe (which enjoyed a stronger lead-in in The Voice). Out of the 14 dramas NBC has aired this TV season, it ranks No. 13 in the demo and 12th in audience (only besting Joe and the Canadian import Transplant).....

no more.......endgame......?!

Young Rock, Grand Crew Renewed.

....NBC is restocking its comedy shelves: Young Rock has been renewed for a third season, and freshman comedy Grand Crew has been renewed as well

Young Rock hops across decades to tell wrestler-turned-movie star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s autobiographical origin story when he was just “Dewey,” from growing up in a strong and resilient family to playing football at the University of Miami to starting a career in professional wrestling. Adrian Groulx, Bradley Constant and Uli Latukefu star as Johnson in different stages of his youth. Plus, the real Dwayne Johnson plays a version of himself while he runs for president in the 2032 election.....

2 shows.......renewed......?!

All American: Homecoming Spinoff Renewed for Season 2 at The CW

....The CW is enrolling at Bringston University for another year. All American: Homecoming has scored a Season 2 renewal at the network....

.......renewed.......?!

Charmed Cancelled After 4 Seasons

....Curses! The CW has opted to vanquish its Charmed reboot after four seasons

As of April 26, Charmed this season was averaging 650,000 total weekly viewers and a 0.1 demo rating (with Live+7 playback factored in), down from its Season 3 tallies (690K/0.2). Out of the 19 dramas The CW has aired this TV season, it ranks No. 17 in audience and is among seven that muster just a 0.1 rating.

The Charmed reboot began with Macy (Madeleine Mantock), Mel (Melonie Diaz) and Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) as the titular trio of witches, with plucky Whitelighter Harry (Rupert Evans) serving as their British mentor. The sisters also gained an unexpected ally in lawyer-turned-slayer Jordan (Jordan Donica). Following Macy’s death in the third season finale, a fourth Charmed One named Michaela (Lucy Barrett) entered the picture to reconstitute the legendary Power of Three.....

ending.......?!

Naomi Cancelled at The CW

....Superhero drama Naomi has lost its fight with fate. The CW offering has been cancelled after one season,

Despite a promising launch — the show’s January debut ranked as The CW’s third-most watched season premiere of the 2021-22 season — its audience has since fallen by more than 40 percent. That said, its audience still tied for No. 5 among all CW dramas. The May 10 season finale will now serve as a series finale as well.

Starring The Equalizer‘s Kaci Walfall, Naomi followed a cool, confident and previously bespectacled Black teenager as she came to realize her hidden destiny and journeyed to “the heights of the multiverse” in search of the full truth of who killed her parents and why.....

not coming back.......?!

4400 Cancelled at CW After 1 Season

....The 4400‘s superpowered days are over: The CW has cancelled the reboot after just one season

With its freshman run, 4400 averaged 732,000 total viewers and a 0.1 demo rating (with Live+7 DVR playback factored in); in total audience it ranks No. 14 out of the 19 dramas that The CW has aired this TV season. That said, it enjoys the third-largest DVR bump (+97 percent) of any CW series.

An update on the USA Network sci-fi drama, the CW series followed 4,400 overlooked, undervalued, or otherwise marginalized people who vanished without a trace over the last hundred years and are all returned in an instant, having not aged a day and with no memory of what happened to them. It starred Joseph David-Jones (Arrow), Brittany Adebumola (Grand Army), Jaye Ladymore (Chicago P.D.), AMARR (American Housewife), Cory Jeacoma (Power Book II: Ghost), Derrick A. King (Call Your Mother), Khaliah Johnson, TL Thompson, Ireon Roach and Autumn Best.....

......ended........?!

Dynasty Cancelled After 5 Seasons

....Pour one out for the Carringtons — The CW’s Dynasty reboot has been canceled after five seasons.

As of April 26, Dynasty this season is averaging 410 total weekly viewers and a 0.1 demo rating (with Live+7 playback factored in), which is right on par with its Season 4 tallies. Out of the 19 dramas The CW has aired this TV season, it ranks dead last in audience and is among seven that muster just a 0.1 rating.

The Dynasty reboot, a diverse twist on the original series’ premise, starred Elizabeth Gillies as Fallon, Daniella Alonso as Cristal, Elaine Hendrix as Alexis, Rafael de la Fuente as Sammy Jo, Sam Underwood as Adam, Michael Michele as Dominique, Robert Christopher Riley as Culhane, Sam Adegoke as Jeff, Maddison Brown as Kirby, Adam Huber as Liam, Eliza Bennett as Amanda and Grant Show as Blake.....

no........more.....?!

Roswell, New Mexico and In the Dark Among 6 (!) Series Cancelled at CW

.....The CW went on a killing spree on Thursday, cancelling six series including Roswell, New Mexico and In the Dark.

Also axed by the network: Charmed, 4400, Naomi and Dynasty. They join the previously cancelled dramas Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow.

Roswell, New Mexico is set to premiere its fourth (and now final) season on Monday, June 6 at 8/7c, followed by In the Dark’s fourth and final season on 9 pm......

........2 more......not coming back......?!

Magnum P.I. Cancelled: CBS Axes Reboot After 4 Seasons

....In a somewhat surprising turn of events, CBS has cancelled Magnum P.I. after four seasons. As a result, the May 6 Season 4 finale will now series as a series finale.

The reboot this season averaged 7.4 million total weekly viewers and a 0.7 demo rating (with Live+7 playback factored in), down just a tick from its Season 3 tallies (7.5 mil/0.8). Out of the 14 dramas that CBS has aired this TV season, it ranks No. 9 in total audience and ties for 10th in the demo.

Series lead Jay Hernandez was bullish on the island drama’s renewal prospects when TVLine spoke to him in April, saying, “We’re golden. I think you could bank on that.

“The numbers are great, it travels well internationally…. So yeah, I think we’re in good shape,” he added. “And you know what, they’re happy with the show. They loved this season, a lot of the stories they were really digging. And the episode I directed, they loved to the extent that I’ve already been asked to direct another one next season.”....

no more......Magnum.......?!

How We Roll Cancelled at CBS

....Pete Holmes has struck out — and not in a good way.

CBS has cancelled bowling comedy How We Roll after a single season

How We Roll this season is averaging 4.6 million total weekly viewers and a 0.4 demo rating (with Live+7 playback). Among the seven sitcoms that CBS has aired this TV season, it ranks last in both measures.

Based on the life of pro-bowler Tom Smallwood, How We Roll centers on Holmes’ Tom, “a stoic Midwest husband and dad who gets laid off from a car assembly line and makes the extraordinary decision to provide for his family by following his dream of becoming a professional bowler,” according to the official logline. “He begins his new career with the loving ‘OK’ from his wife, Jen (Scandal‘s Katie Lowes); the unfaltering support of Archie (Hawaii Five-0‘s Chi McBride), his mentor and the proud owner of Archie’s Lanes: Home of the Curly Fry; the cautious backing of his protective mom, Helen (Grace Under Fire‘s Julie White); and the encouragement of his son, Sam (Why Women Kill‘s Mason Wells).” ....

not merrily......we roll along......?!

Good Sam Cancelled at CBS

.....CBS has officially called it on Good Sam. The medical drama starring Sophia Bush has been cancelled after one season

Per the latest Live+7 DVR ratings, Good Sam has been averaging barely 4 million total viewers along with a 0.5 demo rating, ranking last in both measures out of the 14 dramas CBS has aired this TV season.

The series, which premiered in January, followed Sam (played by Bush), a genius heart surgeon took on the leadership role as the chief of surgery after her boss Griff (Jason Isaacs), a renowned doctor who also happened to be her dad, fell into a coma. Their fraught relationship was the centerpiece of the show, especially when Griff woke up months later demanding to resume his duties....

no more.....Sam.....?!

‘Awkwafina Is Nora From Queens’ Renewed For Season 3 At Comedy Central

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 30 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2022 02:55PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 17 going on?!....3 sitcoms renewed, 4 canceled, 9 dramas canceled, 1 renewed....
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 12, 2022 02:55PM
“Endgame” was an embarrassing “me too!” attempt at another Blacklist.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Re: 18 going on?!....4 sitcoms renewed, 4 canceled, 9 dramas canceled, 1 renewed....
Posted by: Forrest
Date: May 12, 2022 03:33PM
Bummed about Magnum PI being canceled. It was a popular show.
Re: 18 going on?!....4 sitcoms renewed, 4 canceled, 9 dramas canceled, 1 renewed....
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: May 12, 2022 03:34PM
Thought Magnum P.I. was decent, but I
really enjoyed Mr. Mayor. That show I will miss.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: May 12, 2022 03:42PM
I keep forgetting to watch "...Nora From Queens" to see whether it's any good.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 12, 2022 03:56PM
Forrest
Bummed about Magnum PI being canceled. It was a popular show.

we enjoy it.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: wurm
Date: May 12, 2022 05:01PM
Jeez, I thought I stepped into a time machine with this thread.

Charmed Cancelled

Dynasty Cancelled

Magnum P.I. Cancelled
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 12, 2022 07:03PM
Can't stands Nora, though I did like Awkwafina in Rich Asians.

Endgame couldn't get me to honor my three-episode policy before pulling the pin.

Love Morena Baccarin big time, but she was felony overacting smug and I just couldn't hang in to see if she found proper footing.

Of the rest of the body dump, only Magnum P.I. was regular fair.

The last couple episodes were pretty good, but most were fairly blend, and felt like the writers were knocking out episodes on the way to the office — still, I watched.

For me, the weakest characters by far were Magnum and TC, and Kumu.

Hernandez has little to know personality; same with Hill (TC).

Kumu— WTF, over.

Weeks, Kang, and Knighton were entertaining, and like The Conners without Barr, I'd watch Hawaiian Style without Hernandez.

They never did reconcile TC's Marine rank, but that's pesky creative license (or just bad research).

Looking back, I'm not quite as fond of Selleck's Magnum, since Thomas got his tail kicked a lot, for a 6'4 former SEAL.

To be fair, sort of, hand-to-hand QCB wasn't much of a formal skill when he was in the teams.

But still— he seldom got paid and got a lot of lumps and bruises.

But further still— I do watch his version.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: ArtP
Date: May 12, 2022 09:30PM
Damn... 2 kept- 2 lost...

renewed......'American Auto'.....'Grand Crew'..... on NBC.....

....'Mr. Mayor' and 'Kenan' on NBC....both canceled....

As others as mentioned. I also liked Mr. Mayor. Both that and Kenan had a weekly auto record on the DVR.

I caught American Auto and Grand Crew on demand whenever I thought about it. Guess I'll put them in on a weekly when they come back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020