advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
the rest of it?!....1 more TV show cancelation, 6 new TV shows ordered to series.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 12, 2022 03:33PM
....'Legacies' on the CW....canceled.....

.....The CW orders 3 shows: 2 of them are prequels:

The Winchesters promised to deliver “the epic, untold love story” of how Sam and Dean’s parents, John (played by The In Between‘s Drake Rodger) and Mary (American Housewife‘s Meg Donnelly), first met, “and how they put it all on the line to not only save their love, but the entire world.”

Walker: Independence is an origin story set in the late 1800s that follows Abby Walker (Arrow‘s Katherine McNamara), an affluent Bostonian whose husband is murdered before her eyes while on their journey out West. On her quest for revenge, Abby crosses paths with Hoyt Rawlins (Blood & Treasure‘s Matt Barr), a lovable rogue in search of purpose. Abby and Hoyt’s journey takes them to Independence, Texas, where they encounter diverse, eclectic residents running from their own troubled pasts and chasing their dreams. There, the newfound family will struggle with the changing world around them, while becoming agents of change themselves in a town where nothing is what it seems.

Gotham Knights. “In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son (played by Oscar Morgan) forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader,” reads the logline. “And as the city’s most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors known as the 'Gotham Knights.'

....CBS orders 3 shows. The 'Early Edition' reboot is dead. The 'True Lies' series is still in contention.....

Fire Country, FKA as Cal Fire, stars Thieriot as Bode Donovan, a young convict who joins a firefighting program for inmates in a bid to shorten his prison sentence. The program brings him back to his hometown in Northern California, “where he and other inmates work alongside elite firefighters to extinguish massive blazes across the region. The series hails from Jerry Bruckheimer, and co-stars Billy Burke, Kevin Alejandro and Diane Farr.

East New York — co-written by William Finkelstein (The Good Fight) and Mike Flynn (Big Sky) — follows Regina Haywood (played by Dickinson‘s Amanda Warren), “the newly promoted police captain of East New York, an impoverished, working class neighborhood at the eastern edge of Brooklyn,” per the official synopsis. “She leads a diverse group of officers and detectives, some of whom are reluctant to deploy her creative methods of serving and protecting during the midst of social upheaval and the early seeds of gentrification.” The cast also includes Jimmy Smits, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Richard Kind and Kevin Rankin.

So Help Me Todd — which weathered a behind-the-scenes crisis this winter when Geena Davis dropped out mid-production, to be replaced by Marcia Gay Harden — centers on a talented but directionless P.I. (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist’s Skylar Astin) who begrudgingly agrees to work as the in-house investigator for his overbearing mother Joan (Harden), a successful attorney reeling from the recent dissolution of her marriage.

Legacies Cancelled After 4 Seasons

.....The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted is longer accepting applications — The CW’s Legacies has been canceled after four seasons.

Legacies‘ June 16 season finale (9/8c) will now have to serve as its series finale.

And this isn’t just the end of one show. Legacies, as its name suggests, has quite a bit of history behind it, being the third series in the Vampire Diaries franchise. This fall will mark the first time in 13 years that a show from that series won’t be on The CW’s schedule for the new season.....

lost.....legacy......?!

Supernatural and Walker Prequel Spinoffs, Gotham Knights Get Series Orders as CW Shakes Up Slate

.....Having spent this Thursday morning veritably clearing its shelves (by way of six cancellations, so far!), The CW has ordered to series the prequel spinoffs for Supernatural and Walker, as well as the DC comics-inspired Gotham Knights.

Told from the perspective of narrator Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles), The Winchesters promised to deliver “the epic, untold love story” of how Sam and Dean’s parents, John (played by The In Between‘s Drake Rodger) and Mary (American Housewife‘s Meg Donnelly), first met, “and how they put it all on the line to not only save their love, but the entire world.”

Robbie Thompson is penning the series and serving as an executive producer alongside Jensen Ackles and his wife/producing partner Danneel Ackles, and pilot director Glen Winter.

Walker: Independence is an origin story set in the late 1800s that follows Abby Walker (Arrow‘s Katherine McNamara), an affluent Bostonian whose husband is murdered before her eyes while on their journey out West. On her quest for revenge, Abby crosses paths with Hoyt Rawlins (Blood & Treasure‘s Matt Barr), a lovable rogue in search of purpose. Abby and Hoyt’s journey takes them to Independence, Texas, where they encounter diverse, eclectic residents running from their own troubled pasts and chasing their dreams. There, the newfound family will struggle with the changing world around them, while becoming agents of change themselves in a town where nothing is what it seems.

Seamus Fahey and Anna Fricke co-wrote the pilot, and serve as EPs alongside Walker star Jared Padalecki, Dan Lin and Lindsey Liberatore, Laura Terry and director Larry Teng.

Lastly of the three series orders, there’s Gotham Knights. “In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son (played by Oscar Morgan) forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader,” reads the logline. “And as the city’s most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors known as the [see series title].”

While set in Gotham City, Gotham Knights is not a spinoff of the recently cancelled Batwoman. Also, it is based on Gotham Knights characters from the DC comics, not the upcoming release from Warner Bros. Games.

Gotham Knights was written by exec producers Chad Fiveash and James Stoteraux, along with co-EP Natalie Abrams (Batwoman). Other EPs on the series include pilot director Danny Cannon, Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and David Madden....

3.....new shows........?!

CBS Orders 3 New Drama Series Amid Cancellation Spree

....CBS on Thursday handed series orders to a trio of dramas, including a firefighter procedural starring SEAL Team‘s Max Thieriot.

Other projects scoring a coveted green light at the Eye Network: Cop drama East New York and legal yarn So Help Me Todd.

The pickups come just hours after CBS cancelled five of its current series, including Magnum P.I., The United States of AI, B Positive, Good Sam and How We Roll.

Fire Country, FKA as Cal Fire, stars Thieriot as Bode Donovan, a young convict who joins a firefighting program for inmates in a bid to shorten his prison sentence. The program brings him back to his hometown in Northern California, “where he and other inmates work alongside elite firefighters to extinguish massive blazes across the region,” per the official description.

Thieriot — who will juggle SEAL Team with his new Fire duties — co-wrote the story along with Tony Phelan and Joan Rater (Grey’s Anatomy, Madam Secretary), based on his experiences growing up in Northern California fire country.

The series hails from Jerry Bruckheimer, and co-stars Billy Burke, Kevin Alejandro and Diane Farr.

East New York — co-written by William Finkelstein (The Good Fight) and Mike Flynn (Big Sky) — follows Regina Haywood (played by Dickinson‘s Amanda Warren), “the newly promoted police captain of East New York, an impoverished, working class neighborhood at the eastern edge of Brooklyn,” per the official synopsis. “She leads a diverse group of officers and detectives, some of whom are reluctant to deploy her creative methods of serving and protecting during the midst of social upheaval and the early seeds of gentrification.”

The cast also includes Jimmy Smits, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Richard Kind and Kevin Rankin.

Lastly, So Help Me Todd — which weathered a behind-the-scenes crisis this winter when Geena Davis dropped out mid-production, to be replaced by Marcia Gay Harden — centers on a talented but directionless P.I. (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist’s Skylar Astin) who begrudgingly agrees to work as the in-house investigator for his overbearing mother Joan (Harden), a successful attorney reeling from the recent dissolution of her marriage.

Scott Prendergast (Wilfred) penned the script and will serve as an EP alongside Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro.

Meanwhile, CBS will not be moving forward with its in-the-works Early Edition reboot, TVLine has confirmed. The network’s True Lies project, however, remains in contention....

3 new......CBS shows......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2022 05:58PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the rest of it?!....1 more cancelation, 6 new TV shows ordered to series.....
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 12, 2022 05:28PM
Fire Country, FKA as Cal Fire,

what a ^&*()! slap in face to actual inmate FFs who are paid $5 a day... and are offered no opportunity to join cal fire after leaving the system due to some weak ass rules.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Re: the rest of it?!....1 more TV show cancelation, 6 new TV shows ordered to series.....
Posted by: Gareth
Date: May 12, 2022 05:32PM
I was looking forward to the Early Edition reboot. Oh well.
Re: the rest of it?!....1 more TV show cancelation, 6 new TV shows ordered to series.....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 12, 2022 05:35PM
The Winchesters smiley-music039

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 12, 2022 06:19PM
I'm pretty much over anything Gotham, the City with No Sun.

The Batwoman series didn't help a bit.

This angst level will be high in these, way too much back story for my taste.

I'll give Winchester a look, but I imagine it'll suffer greatly from 'creative license'.

So, wait and see.

The Boschverse is said to possibly be expanding.

I'd like to see a Crate and Barrel series, that would make me ecstatic.

More likely, any expansion would probably start with Billets and Brasher.

I like both Aquino and Wersching, but Brasher— not so much.

The same may hold true for Billets, but that's also wait and see.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 12, 2022 06:23PM
RAMd®d
I'm pretty much over anything Gotham, the City with No Sun.

The Batwoman series didn't help a bit.

This angst level will be high in these, way too much back story for my taste.

I'll give Winchester a look, but I imagine it'll suffer greatly from 'creative license'.

So, wait and see.

The Boschverse is said to possibly be expanding.

I'd like to see a Crate and Barrel series, that would make me ecstatic.

More likely, any expansion would probably start with Billets and Brasher.

I like both Aquino and Wersching, but Brasher— not so much.

The same may hold true for Billets, but that's also wait and see.

Don't forget Lincoln Lawyer comes out in a few days. We'll see.

As for Winchester, Jensen is doing the narration, and I'll bet some of the directing, so there should be some halfway decent continuity of vision. He has directed at least a few Walkers, and his wife (also an actress from the series) is a producer as well.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: May 12, 2022 07:44PM
Every time I see The Winchesters mentioned...

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 12, 2022 10:09PM
Ok I'm way off base.

I thought this was going to be something about

And in my book, if a character in Supernatural is supposed to be a descendent of Ollie, that doesn't count.

I saw a few shows and didn't care for the series.

As for Winchester, Jensen is doing the narration, and I'll bet some of the directing, so there should be some halfway decent continuity of vision. He has directed at least a few Walkers, and his wife (also an actress from the series) is a producer as well.

This doesn't bode well for me.

I truly disliked the Walker reboot, and seriously, especially disliked goofball portrayal of a Texas Ranger.

Micki was Ok, though.

Killer Women was a great show, and I thought Tricia Helfer hit a solid triple for a first season effort.

The writing went downhill, and nothing Helfer could do could save it.

But it could have been a really good show, as broadcast TV goes.

I forgot about Lincoln Lawyer, and I'll be looking for it.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020