advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
From beneath you, it devours?!....'Subway' introduces new ' Sweet Onion Steak Teriyaki' sandwich....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 13, 2022 08:58AM
....for the summer....

Subway Introduces New Sweet Onion Steak Teriyaki Sandwich

....Subway offers a new twist on a classic with the debut of the Sweet Onion Steak Teriyaki sub.

The Sweet Onion Steak Teriyaki sub features shaved steak piled high on Artisanal Italian bread, topped with crisp green peppers, red onions and American cheese, then finished with Subway’s new tangy Sweet Onion Teriyaki sauce, with notes of soy, sesame, garlic and black pepper.

The update to a Subway classic represents the latest innovation as the brand continues the journey it began with last summer’s Eat Fresh Refresh — with even more crave-worthy sandwiches still to come.

Additionally, Subway is making celebrating loved ones even easier with a limited-time gift card bonus, just in time for dads and grads. For every $25 in gift cards purchased online or in-restaurant, Subway fans will be rewarded with a bonus card redeemable for a free six-inch Subway sandwich. Bonus cards can be redeemed in-restaurant or online from July 1, 2022 through August 31, 2022.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2022 08:59AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: From beneath you, it devours?!....'Subway' introduces new ' Sweet Onion Steak Teriyaki' sandwich....
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 13, 2022 09:13AM
Not a Subway fan but this sounds goooood to me.
Re: From beneath you, it devours?!....'Subway' introduces new ' Sweet Onion Steak Teriyaki' sandwich....
Posted by: d4
Date: May 13, 2022 09:17AM
Let's play "over/under" for the amount of sugar in that footlong.
I'm gonna take a wild stab (with a fork) at it.

50 grams (12 teaspoons) is the over/under line.

I'll say OVER.

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 13, 2022 10:23AM
I'll stick with the Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki... with a shot of honey mustard.
It's become my "go to" at Subway.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 13, 2022 10:46AM
d4

I'll say OVER.

Guessing over as well, considering the bread has sugar and I have a feeling the teriyaki sauce does as well.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: JoeH
Date: May 13, 2022 11:08AM
d4

I'll say OVER.

I will go with UNDER. But I cheated and looked up the nutritional info from the Subway site. A 6" sweet onion chicken teriyaki is listed as having 14 grams of sugar, so even a footlong will have less than 30.

On the other hand, that figure of 14 grams is double the highest amount any of the other sandwiches are listed as having.
Posted by: d4
Date: May 13, 2022 12:05PM
JoeH
But I cheated and....

Cheater!! LOL

I'm seeing 37 grams of sugar for a footlong, sweet onion steak teriyaki.
I guess that's a little better...

[www.subway.com]

Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 13, 2022 12:11PM
The amount of sugar in the bread was part of the overhaul recently. IIRC, in England they have some strict food regulations, and the sugar content in Subway breads, made it "cake" in their eyes.

One thing I am truly curious about, is the whole "tuna" thing that is going around. Why doesn't Subway put a short video on social media about their supplier's processing steps, starting with a fish, and ending up with the finished pouch or can? Unless its CHON food grown in a vat.

I know with the current ammunition shortages (MASSIVE huge upswing in firearms owners in the past 2 years) numerous ammo manufacturers are putting out videos showing their plants running 24/7 with 3 shifts of workers. All the raw materials being brought in, and pallets coming out, being loaded into trucks at the other end.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Date: May 13, 2022 02:11PM

IIRC, in England they have some strict food regulations, and the sugar content in Subway breads, made it "cake" in their eyes.

I think that was in Ireland.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 13, 2022 06:57PM
FFS, it's not like everyone is going there every day for a sammich or three.

Yeah, it's got some sugar.

Yeah, it's got some fat.

Yeah, yeah, yeaaaaaah.

So what.

I refuse to live a life of tofu, water, and kale leaves, no salt, yadda yadda, and I'll have mine with extra gluten.

Don't eat a LOT of sugar, regularly.

Don't eat a LOT of fat, regularly.

Live a little, at least ONCE in a while, if you have no dire medical considerations.

That said, finding enjoyable teriyaki chicken hasn't been particularly successful, but I'll give that a try one day.

The only sandwich I ever got at Subway was a tuna sandwich loaded with fixin's.

There's no longer a convenient Subway for me, so it might take a bit to check it out.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 13, 2022 10:47PM
What's the sodium count?
Date: May 13, 2022 11:08PM
RgrF
What's the sodium count?

1270 mg
Posted by: srf1957
Date: May 15, 2022 11:50AM
Got a footlong yesterday and a 6inch for my mother . It was OK. . Wouldn't rush out to buy another one .Better choices on the menu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 95
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020