advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Saw my first Maverick P/U in the wild
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 14, 2022 03:36PM
Saw my first Maverick on the road. I was concerned about it being too small but was surprised that it actually was a good size for my (and likely most folks) needs. I really wish it was an extended cab instead of a crew cab, but it is what it is.

Now if Ford would give a full EV version and catch up on production, I'd do my first trade in more than a decade. We'll see what 2024 or 2025 holds.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Saw my first Maverick P/U in the wild
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 14, 2022 03:40PM
Don’t hold your breath on the EV version, Ford can’t make enough F-150 Lightnings to meet demand.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: May 14, 2022 04:32PM
Ombligo
Saw my first Maverick on the road. I was concerned about it being too small but was surprised that it actually was a good size for my (and likely most folks) needs. I really wish it was an extended cab instead of a crew cab, but it is what it is.

Now if Ford would give a full EV version and catch up on production, I'd do my first trade in more than a decade. We'll see what 2024 or 2025 holds.

Ditto the EV comment.

Posted by: chopper
Date: May 14, 2022 05:04PM
Can't wait for everybody to get home from work, plug their battery car in and then the rolling blackouts hit and then no go anywhere.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 14, 2022 05:19PM
chopper
Can't wait for everybody to get home from work, plug their battery car in and then the rolling blackouts hit and then no go anywhere.

Sour grapes?
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: May 14, 2022 05:46PM
DeusxMac
chopper

Sour grapes?

More likely reality. Especially in certain parts of the country. Our electrical infrastructure isn’t in the best shape and we haven’t been building new generation capacity.
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 14, 2022 05:52PM
Deplorable snowflakes and their AC.
Date: May 14, 2022 07:47PM
macphanatic
DeusxMac
chopper

Sour grapes?

More likely reality. Especially in certain parts of the country. Our electrical infrastructure isn’t in the best shape and we haven’t been building new generation capacity.

Not reality. There will be half-price metered electricity that won’t turn on until 10p and will turn off at 7a. That’s what we have available but I didn’t subscribe because of the $1200 installation charge. My son’s new house will have it installed from the builder.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 14, 2022 08:41PM
....Top Gun: Maverick is out in 2 weeks....we will all see it then....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: May 14, 2022 08:59PM
macphanatic
DeusxMac
chopper

Sour grapes?

You mean like when people started getting Air conditioning in the 1960s and the electrical infrastructure crumbled?

It didn't? Hmmm....
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: May 14, 2022 10:50PM
Took a road trip up to Burlington VT today.
Saw more plug in Hybrids and full EV's than any other day,
regardless of where we were.
In that mix was an EV pickup don't know brand due to traffic in the way,
and a nice Ionic 5 from Hyundai.
They also had plenty of e-bikes to rent or buy, and EV car sharing.
The parking garage we used had 6 Level 2 Charge Point stations,
topped off my Volt for a whopping $1.03!

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 15, 2022 01:11AM
The current Maverick is actually bigger than the previous generation Ford Ranger.
[youtu.be]
It does what 90% of Current Truck Drivers* use their trucks for (Taking the Kids to School and Mall)

*Excepting the base model "work trucks" that actually do work! The $40K Pro Ford Lightning would handle that.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: May 15, 2022 04:57AM
DinerDave

Yep, they really rip you off when you recharge in a parking structure. They have a captive monopoly because they know you want to visit the place.

Posted by: DinerDave
Date: May 15, 2022 08:57AM
Speedy
DinerDave

Yep, they really rip you off when you recharge in a parking structure. They have a captive monopoly because they know you want to visit the place.

I was being facetious. Never paid to charge, as I has 100% solar at home. This added 35-40 miles of range for $1.03, I would have drained the battery if I realized it was that cheap. My daughter knew of this garage as she uses the ChargePoint chargers for her work plug in hybrids, and the new E-Mustang she has access to. That added range was maybe worth 3/4 gallon of gas, so even at retail charging, was cheaper than gas.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: May 15, 2022 09:31AM

Posted by: Michael
Date: May 15, 2022 10:33AM
I saw a Maverick sitting next to a Ranger at a Ford dealership a couple of months ago. The big problem I have with the Maverick is that the bed is just too short for what I want (carry Kayaks and bicycles in the back-they just go into the back of my 6' bed Tacoma). If they'd make an extended cab version with a 6 foot bed I'd buy one in an instant (well, I'd order one for delivery in a year!). As it is I'm waiting for the new Ranger and will likely get an extended cab version. I just read some speculation that they might do an EV in '23 since the F150 EV is so successful. I'd be very surprised if that happens but I imagine it's in the pipeline. I'd get a plug in hybrid Ranger in a second. I don't know what I'd do if they offered both.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 15, 2022 11:21AM
I really think it is a question of when not if the Maverick (and Ranger) will be offered as an EV. My guess is either 2025 or 2026.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: gadje
Date: May 15, 2022 03:02PM
Good luck chopper with your attitude.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 15, 2022 03:29PM
when does it get the 600+hp engine out of the Mustang?

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Date: May 16, 2022 10:43AM
Racer X

Who knows but with electric motors it would be easy to do.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 18, 2022 06:39PM
Speedy
Racer X

Who knows but with electric motors it would be easy to do.

I want the auto manufacturers to go to 4 wheel motors, and do 2WD/4WD. The extra 2 kick in for traction and hard acceleration. Should be easy from a technology standpoint. The un-powered ones freewheel and offer low friction

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 104
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020