Re: How About Those Celtics?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: May 15, 2022 04:54PM
boooo

Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 15, 2022 04:59PM
Really a great team. And a variety of talented players. Just glad that I got to see the second half (and on ota tv).
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 15, 2022 05:57PM
They had the Bucks on their heels the last three quarters.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 15, 2022 06:32PM
Sortta' old fashioned but maybe hails a return to an original concept - all around team play. A so so team at the midway point of the season, their first year coach deserves much credit.

I say this as a dispassionate observer. smileys with beer
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 15, 2022 06:45PM
It's the ghost of Larry Bird; all happy as crap about getting the new namesake trophy.... all about keepin' up w/ the Johnson's.
==
Date: May 15, 2022 07:50PM
Seems to me the Johnson's are the ones in need of keeping up - maybe if they grew some original talent instead of trying to buy ready made stuff? Nah not the Lakers style to put in the work it takes to scout and groom talent, they presume they can just buy what they need.
Date: May 15, 2022 08:01PM
mattkime
boooo

Fear the deer - maybe not; Bucks a team so insecure they descend to copying a storied rival even down to the color scheme. gears smiley
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 15, 2022 09:20PM
Congrats to The Celts for winning as a team. Boston vs Miami should be interesting.
No superstars on either team, just old fashioned team basketball.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: May 15, 2022 09:42PM
No one here, who'll admit, to being from Miami & willing to joust? Actually it'd be more fun if Philly had advanced (Philly fans, legendarily renowned for their lack of sportsmanship, are all any other fan can hope for - but alas their teams, like the city itself*, seldom measures up to expectations).

*in memory of the late great sportswriter Jim Murray
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 15, 2022 09:44PM
Florida men...

smiling smiley
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 15, 2022 11:11PM
RgrF
Seems to me the Johnson's are the ones in need of keeping up - maybe if they grew some original talent instead of trying to buy ready made stuff? Nah not the Lakers style to put in the work it takes to scout and groom talent, they presume they can just buy what they need.

The Lakers have supplied the league with their draft choices. They acquired AD in a trade for some very good players they drafted.

The Lakers are literally the poorest team in the NBA with the poorest ownership.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020