advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
FU: Optical Disk Drive Settlement
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 15, 2022 11:28PM
It's been a while, here's the earlier thread from August 2016.

[forums.macresource.com]

Almost 8 years later I got an email today.

Your Payment Is Coming Soon
Dear GGD,

Beginning June 6th, 2022, payments for the final settlement of Optical Disk Drive Settlement, Case No. 3:10-md-2143 RS, will be sent out.

You will receive an email payment notice for $64.72 for your claim. We received more claims than anticipated, which lowered the originally expected payout amounts on the fixed settlement fund.

For reference, your payment will come from the email payments@mail.theoddsettlement.com and you will be able to instantly select from one of several digital payment options. No Application download or registration will be required to receive your funds.

For Frequently Asked Questions and self-help related to your final payment, please visit: [www.dollarsfordiskdrives.com].

Please do not reply to this email, as it is sent from an unmonitored mailbox. Should you choose to unsubscribe or report this email as spam, you will become ineligible to receive a digital distribution payment.
Claims Administrator | [www.dollarsfordiskdrives.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FU: Optical Disk Drive Settlement
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 16, 2022 06:02AM
.....you sure not an.....optical illusion....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 16, 2022 02:04PM
The legal team has been sucking the settlement dry ever since the verdict. That's why the lower payout. I bet if they draw this out another 5 years, we need to send THEM a check.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: freeradical
Date: May 16, 2022 02:48PM
The first thing we do...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 16, 2022 06:58PM
The court sets the attorneys’ fees.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 16, 2022 07:32PM
Speedy
The court sets the attorneys’ fees.

I'm sure there is a "plus costs" tied to closing out the lawsuit through the payment phase. What happens to the money from un-cashed settlement checks, for example?

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020