advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
effing Amazon
Posted by: rz
Date: May 17, 2022 01:37PM
Ordered some chemicals for my pool last night... "order in the next 10 minutes" to get it by today. Now it says it's scheduled to arrive by 10pm TOMORROW! WTF? It hasn't even shipped yet.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: effing Amazon
Posted by: PeterW
Date: May 17, 2022 02:44PM
Instant gratification takes sooo long.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: May 17, 2022 02:46PM
Are you sure it wasn't one of those pay $2.99 extra for same day on early AM delivery?

Grateful11
Date: May 17, 2022 03:47PM
Grateful11
Are you sure it wasn't one of those pay $2.99 extra for same day on early AM delivery?

No, I made sure. If you go to that item, it still says " Prime One-Day & FREE Returns
FREE delivery Tomorrow, May 18. Order within 4 hrs 11 mins "
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: May 17, 2022 05:50PM
rz
Grateful11

No, I made sure. If you go to that item, it still says " Prime One-Day & FREE Returns
FREE delivery Tomorrow, May 18. Order within 4 hrs 11 mins "

Do you have multiple addresses?

I found this when ordering stuff for my mom: Towards the top of the product-page, on the right side, there's a "deliver to" field. When they promise next-day delivery, it;s to that address. If you use a different shipping address then it's not necessarily going to have the same shipping options.

...And you can change the default address for calculating shipping by clicking on the words "deliver to."

Posted by: wurm
Date: May 17, 2022 06:17PM
Most of the "get it today" options I've seen require a $25 or more order of "qualified items" along with what you want.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: May 17, 2022 06:37PM
Tiangou
I found this when ordering stuff for my mom: Towards the top of the product-page, on the right side, there's a "deliver to" field. When they promise next-day delivery, it;s to that address.

wurm
Most of the "get it today" options I've seen require a $25 or more order of "qualified items" along with what you want.

Both of these are possible, but it's also possible Amazon just messed up. Prime delivery hasn't had any guarantees and has been screwed up since the pandemic started.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 17, 2022 09:07PM
Gareth
Tiangou
I found this when ordering stuff for my mom: Towards the top of the product-page, on the right side, there's a "deliver to" field. When they promise next-day delivery, it;s to that address.

wurm

Both of these are possible, but it's also possible Amazon just messed up. Prime delivery hasn't had any guarantees and has been screwed up since the pandemic started.

it has been 2 or 3 days regularly when I order something next day. I even take screen grabs and Amazon CS doubts me.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Date: May 18, 2022 03:54PM
No multiple addresses. And the total was around $60. The package came today... so poorly taped that I'm amazed the entire shipment made it without any of the bottles falling out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020