advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Way OT: Covid long-hauler question
Posted by: DP
Date: May 18, 2022 06:19AM
My SIL had covid back in the early days of the pandemic and she still isn't done. She has gained back most of the weight she lost and many other symptoms have improved. But she still has a constant pain in the region of her solar plexus.

Nothing she has done alleviates the pain. She has gone thru test after test after test and the only thing that pops up is a cyst on her pancreas but the docs say that is not causing the pain.

When she starts out the day the pain isn't so bad but after she gets going with her normal activities, the pain increases and if she has to do some strenuous work the pain gets even worse.

Where can she go from here? Since the area of the solar plexus is a ganglia, and I know it's a nexus of nerves that carry signals, but can the ganglia itself be damaged from covid? I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV either, but I haven't heard of the s. p. itself affected by covid.

I'm asking as this is two years now and, again, after multitudes of doctors, tests, drug regimens, therapies, etc., this pain is still persistent and she is really, really, really getting tired of it. I thought I'd ask this august forum in case anyone here has suffered the same or knows a long-hauler who has...

Summer scene...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Way OT: Covid long-hauler question
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 18, 2022 06:46AM
Has she tried a course of Paxlovid? Supposedly it also helps some long term covid symptoms. Again, only what I have read.
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: May 18, 2022 06:47AM
I've heard that ibuprofen is remarkably good at eliminating symptoms of long COVID.

NSAIDs treat inflammation which is associated with the enduring symptoms.

(Ibuprofen is not without some risk. It can cause internal bleeding if taken too often, in high doses, or without eating food with it. If it looks like she'll need to use it regularly, she should do so in consultation with her physician and may need to take it with an antacid.)

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 18, 2022 07:21AM
My long haul was brain fog, but only lasted until immunization killed it. Solar plexus pain sounds like muscular / connective tissue damage from long spells of coughing (from COVID). Some long haulers report neurological damage and nerve tissue damage.

There are people doing research into long haul patients now, so there may be hope out there.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 18, 2022 07:40AM
I assume that at least one of them MDs was a neurologist what performed and EMG?

I had and continue to experience the results of, what appeared to be sciatica last April, before I was vax'd. It may have been covid, but it's apparently too late to definitely find it's "footprint".

After many MRIs, neuorologists, neurosurgeon and orthopedic surgeon, it appears to be either a trapped nerve, peroneal palsy, or peripheral neuropathy, depending on who I talk with resulting in demyelination of the peroneal nerve (maybe).

At least the EMG narrowed the possibilities, although the source may not be know.

As I said here recently, sometimes doctors dunno.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: mspace
Date: May 18, 2022 08:26AM
I would find an Osteopath that does full manipulation. I have been working with a Cranial Osteopath for over 40 years now. (Cranial means applying techniques for skull manipulation to the whole body.)

If after looking at all the structural possibilities, and there's nothing evident or obvious, It could be an alignment issue pulling on the fascial connective tissue. Think of it as a "pulley system" in your body. This does NOT show on X-rays, etc., but can cause extreme pain, if it's "pulling" in the "right" area.

An osteopath (who is a full MD) can realign the skeletal system to correct the pull. It is actually the only way to get to the source of the issue.

The fact that it starts small and grows as she is moving throughout the day is a sure sign to me that misalignment is a strong possibility. She could have gotten it "set up" via coughing, etc.

Many people go down a rabbit hole trying to figure out "mystery pains", when it actually needs a Functional approach, after checking all the Structural possibilities.
Posted by: DP
Date: May 18, 2022 12:19PM
Thx, all. Will pass on the info...

Summer scene...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 56
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020