advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I'm a Sandra Bullock fan...
Posted by: wurm
Date: May 21, 2022 09:22AM
...but I watched The Lost City last night and even she couldn't really save it. Thank goodness for Brad Pitt's scenes.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I'm a Sandra Bullock fan...
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 21, 2022 09:33AM
....you forgot Channing Tatums....butt......too....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Afterall
Date: May 21, 2022 09:34AM
I couldn't finish it.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 21, 2022 10:28AM
My wife and I enjoyed the movie, to a mild-to-moderate degree (me: mild, wife: moderate).
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 21, 2022 10:36AM
I was wondering how they gamed Rotten Tomatoes reviews to get 83% audience score.

I used FFWD to the last 20 minutes.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: May 21, 2022 11:06AM
I have not enjoyed any of Bullock's recent work.

She was good in the 90s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2022 11:10AM by Tiangou.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 21, 2022 11:56AM
think we've only seen her in Crash, The Blind Side & Gravity (which was lame). I like her, but she has had some awful vehicles.
I hear tell The Unforgivable is good.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: pdq
Date: May 21, 2022 01:13PM
In general, I don't really go for her or the other America's Sweetheart, Julia Roberts. I had to grit my teeth when Bullock married Jesse James, well known for being a promiscuous "bad boy", and then she found out he cheated on her! "Poor Sandra!" RollingEyesSmiley5

And most of her movies were not the least bit appealing to me. (Miss Congeniality had all of the believability of Kindergarten Cop, for instance.) But I was surprised when I ended up watching Gravity.

I expected 2 hours of Bullock floating helpless in space and emoting - and there was some of that, but the storyline eventually carried me along.
Posted by: dk62
Date: May 21, 2022 02:51PM
I just could not get over the amount of work she had done on her face....
Posted by: hal
Date: May 21, 2022 03:23PM
I turned it off after 3-4 minutes - it was clearly heading toward a rip on 'Romancing the Stone', but there was no way it was gonna anywhere close...

Also - I'll give just about any big budget scifi movie a try and can usually turn down the expectations if I know it's going to be cheezy, but Moonfall was SO BAD!!! Still stunned at how bad it was in so many ways.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 21, 2022 06:12PM
I enjoyed The Proposal, even though it was entirely unbelievable.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 22, 2022 11:38AM
Is it as dumb and fun as "Red Notice" starring the Rock and Gal Gadot? If so, I'm in.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: May 22, 2022 04:39PM
I fell asleep during it.

Grateful11
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 22, 2022 10:46PM
we watched it last night. it was as expected. originally, they wanted Ryan Reynolds, because he and Sandra were spectacular in The Proposal. He wasn't avail because of his sched, so they got Channing. HOWEVER, Oscar had a part in this one, as a pilot. In The Proposal, he was the only male stripper for miles, and miles, so he did the bachelorette party. Both funny and cringeworthy.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020