Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple TV+ One Year Subscription $45 @ Costco
Posted by: steve...
Date: May 22, 2022 08:38PM
Normal price is $5/month, this deal drops it to $3.75

Says there is a 5% surcharge for non-members but I ordered (not a member) and got the $45 deal.

You will receive the redemption code, normally within the hour, via e-mail to the e-mail address you have entered. Additional processing time may be required.

Costco

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple TV+ One Year Subscription $45 @ Costco
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 23, 2022 01:42AM
Hm.

As I expected:

*Voucher may not be redeemed by existing Apple One subscribers.

But:

*Subscription voucher must be redeemed within one (1) year from date of purchase at Costco (online or in-store).

So, maybe I could cancel my existing subscription and in a month or two cash in this voucher.

But, if that doesn't work, could I get a refund from Costco.

Hm.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Michael
Date: May 23, 2022 05:40AM
RAMd®d
Hm.

As I expected:

*Voucher may not be redeemed by existing Apple One subscribers.

But:

*Subscription voucher must be redeemed within one (1) year from date of purchase at Costco (online or in-store).

So, maybe I could cancel my existing subscription and in a month or two cash in this voucher.

But, if that doesn't work, could I get a refund from Costco.

Hm.

Right now T-Mobile is offering a free year of Apple TV+ and I figure it may be for new subscribers only. I haven't looked at the fine print because I'm in the middle of a month. If it is for new subscriber's only, I'm going to sign up for the free year with a different email and, assuming that works, then cancel my existing account right before renewal. I've been doing that with the $1-$2 Hulu Black Friday deals for years.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: May 23, 2022 05:47AM
Michael

Right now T-Mobile is offering a free year of Apple TV+ and I figure it may be for new subscribers only.

It is not, I did the free t-Mobile deal and it added a year to my Apple+ subscription. The T-Mobile free link takes you to Apple to sign up. I had a free year for buying an iPhone 12 last year and this just added another year. Go for it.
Make sure you are getting your free Netflix from T-Mobile, too. It will run as long as you are a customer.
Posted by: Michael
Date: May 23, 2022 06:07AM
mstudio
Michael

Right now T-Mobile is offering a free year of Apple TV+ and I figure it may be for new subscribers only.

It is not, I did the free t-Mobile deal and it added a year to my Apple+ subscription. The T-Mobile free link takes you to Apple to sign up. I had a free year for buying an iPhone 12 last year and this just added another year. Go for it.
Make sure you are getting your free Netflix from T-Mobile, too. It will run as long as you are a customer.

Thanks!
Posted by: mikebw
Date: May 23, 2022 09:11AM
Thanks. I just redeemed my code. I had a free trial ending this month, but we've just finished Season 1 of Ted Lasso, and I've recently started watching Foundation so I think we definitely want to keep it going.

Also have (and use!) Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Video, and Hulu. I would drop Amazon if that were a separate service from the shopping, and thinking about dropping Hulu.
Posted by: August West
Date: May 23, 2022 12:06PM
I pay month to month for Apple TV+, I don't understand if this is "Apple One" customer. Does anyone know if this yearly offer would benefit me? Thanks!

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."

Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 23, 2022 12:55PM
August,

An annual subscription is $50.00 per year. So, this isn't a particularly good deal.

[www.makeuseof.com]

This deal saves you $5.00 off the normal annual subscription price of $50.00 per year.

Since you're paying month to month, it may be worthwhile (a) if you enjoy content on AppleTV+ and (b) if you plan to move to an annual subscription.

Me? I haven't found enough content on AppleTV+ to justify a monthly or annual subscription. I might sign up for a month or two just to binge on a show but I'd cancel when I'm done.

Now, if they bundled AppleTV+ and Apple Music into the deal, I'd go for it. That would be worthwhile.

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2022 01:37PM by Robert M.
Posted by: steve...
Date: May 23, 2022 01:24PM
Robert M
An annual subscription is $50.00 per year. So, this isn't a particularly good deal.
Robert

Yep, I looked for an annual plan but didn't see one when I posted. Saw it later on my iPhone.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: August West
Date: May 23, 2022 09:31PM
Thanks, Robert! I just let the free period morph into $5 a month. I agree programming is sparse, but it does seem to be higher quality than a lot of the usual fare.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."

Posted by: richorlin
Date: May 23, 2022 09:53PM
AppleTV+ has a few good original shows: Tehran, Ted Lasso, Slow Horses.
The majority of the content is provided by other streaming services. So, if you don’t have a subscription to Hulu, etc, you are out of luck.
For what it’s worth, the Apple TV originals ARE worth the $4.99 a month and I didn’t mind paying for it.
Then I found the T-mobile offer (already a customer) so I cancelled my subscription and signed up for the free year. Now it’s REALLY worth it. LOL.

richorlin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2022 09:53PM by richorlin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020