advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
3PM (ET) Court TV Depp vs Heard verdict live
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: June 01, 2022 01:35PM
for those who care, etc. Subject tells the story....

Fairfax, VA can return to normal!

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 3PM (ET) Court TV Depp vs Heard verdict live
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 01, 2022 01:37PM
....hadn't.....Heard....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 01, 2022 01:39PM
I don't even know what they're fighting about. I just know I'm on Gilbert Grape's side. Mainly because he was Gilbert Grape and once owned part of The Viper Room, which used to be "The Central" which I went to all the time and used to be the legendary "Filthy McNasty's" on the Sunset Strip.
Date: June 01, 2022 01:40PM

Date: June 01, 2022 01:51PM
Seems like a couple who's relationship just didn't work out. Why would they want to do this?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 01, 2022 01:52PM
National Enquirer (another reason to shop online) front page stuff.
Date: June 01, 2022 01:55PM
I'm sure they were both jerks to each other during a relationship they could have ended any day they wanted.
Date: June 01, 2022 01:56PM
...verdict .delayed as the judge sent jurors back.....speculation is they forgot to fill out damages form....

Posted by: timg
Date: June 01, 2022 02:07PM
Looks like Johnny is the big winner.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Date: June 01, 2022 02:08PM
....Johnny Depp wins defamation suit against his former wife Amber Heard......

Date: June 01, 2022 02:09PM
timg
Looks like Johnny is the big winner.

Does she have that kind of money?
Date: June 01, 2022 02:10PM
.....probably filing the appeals as soon as they can...

Posted by: timg
Date: June 01, 2022 02:10PM
They are reading more ... seems Johnny is not a total winner.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Date: June 01, 2022 02:14PM
....$15m to Johnny......$2m to Heard....

....Depp was awarded $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages in his defamation suit.....

.....jury also awarded $2 million in compensatory damages to Heard, but $0 in punitive damages.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2022 02:15PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: jonny
Date: June 01, 2022 02:53PM
So, what they're saying is that Heard concocted every instance of abuse? I find that hard to believe.
Posted by: d4
Date: June 01, 2022 03:04PM
tl;dr
Amber Heard is more of a nutjob than Johnny Depp.

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: June 01, 2022 03:05PM
jonny
So, what they're saying is that Heard concocted every instance of abuse? I find that hard to believe.

I don't.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 01, 2022 03:35PM
They both deserve each other.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 01, 2022 03:38PM
I haven't followed this other than reading headlines. Was the entire initial purpose of the case that they were each accusing the other if defamation and harming their reputation?

Seems like the end result for both from the trial coverage was "harming their reputation". Sort of like the Streisand effect.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: June 01, 2022 04:00PM
He really doesn't have his "life" back because he's burned so many bridges that he has to get a new one.
Date: June 01, 2022 04:16PM
Lizabeth
He really doesn't have his "life" back because he's burned so many bridges that he has to get a new one.

He'll do movies if he wants to. He looks so beaten down and haggard. He'd have to get cleaned up.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 01, 2022 04:27PM
Will this go away now?
I'm glad to say I have not clicked on this garbage showbiz story once.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 01, 2022 05:32PM
I just heard on the news that at least one of them is expected to appeal...that means a Kardashian-sized extension into the wasted minds of the gullible public.
Date: June 01, 2022 06:49PM
Steve G.
Will this go away now?

Probably better off clicking on the garbage links. Spending our time being 100% triggered by "important" links regarding issues that we have no power to impact can't be healthy. We just spend everyday angry. That's no way to live life.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 01, 2022 07:40PM
It was interesting to catch some of this high profile demonstration of a civil court trial. Most people are used to seeing high profile criminal trials. That being said, they both seem crazy.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Date: June 01, 2022 07:40PM
vision63
Steve G.
Will this go away now?

Probably better off clicking on the garbage links. Spending our time being 100% triggered by "important" links regarding issues that we have no power to impact can't be healthy. We just spend everyday angry. That's no way to live life.

.....and very 'judgy'.....and......he says he has not clicked, but he just did....the thread title is clear, if one thinks it is garbage, then skip.....taking the time to post in the garbage thread just to declare it is garbage.......is garbage.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2022 07:41PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 01, 2022 08:49PM
vision63
I don't even know what they're fighting about. I just know I'm on Gilbert Grape's side. Mainly because he was Gilbert Grape and once owned part of The Viper Room, which used to be "The Central" which I went to all the time and used to be the legendary "Filthy McNasty's" on the Sunset Strip.

This is a reminder to myself to watch that film again. DiCaprio is *unbelievable* in that (Depp is also good).
Posted by: vicrock
Date: June 01, 2022 09:50PM
They are both "actors" - and that seemed very evident in the testimony.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 01, 2022 11:24PM
vision63
Seems like a couple who's relationship just didn't work out. Why would they want to do this?

Lack of perspective.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 02, 2022 12:18AM
I followed it on and off. Talking to my wife, we both felt "dirty" and "wrong". She said it was like looking in someone's window while they were arguing.

Amber put this in public, and tried putting herself on the cross.

"Six years ago, my life, the life of my children, the lives of those closest to me, and also, the lives of the people who for many, many years have supported and believed in me were forever changed.
All in the blink of an eye.
False, very serious and criminal allegations were levied at me via the media, which triggered an endless barrage of hateful content, although no charges were ever brought against me. It had already traveled around the world twice within a nanosecond and it had a seismic impact on my life and my career.
And six years later, the jury gave me my life back. I am truly humbled.
My decision to pursue this case, knowing very well the height of the legal hurdles that I would be facing and the inevitable, worldwide spectacle into my life, was only made after considerable thought.
From the very beginning, the goal of bringing this case was to reveal the truth, regardless of the outcome. Speaking the truth was something that I owed to my children and to all those who have remained steadfast in their support of me. I feel at peace knowing I have finally accomplished that.
I am, and have been, overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and the colossal support and kindness from around the world. I hope that my quest to have the truth be told will have helped others, men or women, who have found themselves in my situation, and that those supporting them never give up. I also hope that the position will now return to innocent until proven guilty, both within the courts and in the media.
I wish to acknowledge the noble work of the Judge, the jurors, the court staff and the Sheriffs who have sacrificed their own time to get to this point, and to my diligent and unwavering legal team who did an extraordinary job in helping me to share the truth.
The best is yet to come and a new chapter has finally begun.
Veritas numquam perit.
Truth never perishes."

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: jonny
Date: June 03, 2022 09:26AM
"What’s baffling is that the jury ruled the way it did even though, in at least one instance, it appeared to believe Heard. In one of the incidents litigated during the trial, a friend of Heard’s named iO Tillett Wright testified that Heard had called him so he could respond to an angry accusation Depp was making about a soiled bed. While on the phone, Wright said he overheard what sounded like Depp violently attacking Heard, and he called 911. Heard would later claim that Depp threw the phone at her, and another friend photographed a bruise on her cheek.

When the police arrived, Heard refused to cooperate with them — she said she wanted to protect Depp — but soon after she got a domestic violence restraining order. Depp’s former lawyer said the police call had been part of “an ambush, a hoax.” The jury ruled that this was defamation, and awarded Heard $2 million for it.
Yet that same jury ruled that Heard had defamed Depp when she described herself, in a Washington Post opinion essay, as a “public figure representing domestic abuse,” and awarded Depp more than $10 million." - NYT
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 03, 2022 11:04AM
All the problems we have in this country and THIS is what people choose to spend their time and energy following...

It is what it is.
Posted by: decay
Date: June 03, 2022 03:41PM
A pretty good view of this whole debacle:

[www.theguardian.com]

"no one should be applauding this verdict – not even people who believe that Heard is a liar and Depp never laid a finger on her"

---
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020