advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I submitted mac os feedback to apple for the first time ever - are you with me on this issue?
Posted by: hal
Date: June 01, 2022 02:54PM
Finder tabs... LOVE THEM... but...

I have used list view on mac os forever - it's the way I like it.

When I drag a file to a finder window with two or more tabs, I am required to drop the file/folder WITHIN the finder window. I'm not allowed to just drop it on the tab itself unless that window is not frontmost.

I often end up dropping the file/folder into another folder that is inside that window accidentally.

Why can't I just drop it on the tab and be done with it?

end mini rant
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I submitted mac os feedback to apple for the first time ever - are you with me on this issue?
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 01, 2022 03:30PM
Sounds right to me.
Re: I submitted mac os feedback to apple for the first time ever - are you with me on this issue?
Posted by: kj
Date: June 01, 2022 04:29PM
Yeah, I agree. It's stuff like this that make an os nice to use. Little things. My complaint is something that happened a little while ago, the loss of the energy saver settings. The windows version is way better than what's rolled into the battery thing now. Really messes me up.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: June 01, 2022 05:00PM
Along those lines, as a fellow list view user, is it possible to add a new untitled folder inside one of the folders in the list view? I've never figured out how to do that—it always defaults the top level, and then I have to go look for it.

I know control-command-N will create a new parent folder for the subfolder, but that's not something I have much use for.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 01, 2022 05:17PM
datbeme
Along those lines, as a fellow list view user, is it possible to add a new untitled folder inside one of the folders in the list view? I've never figured out how to do that—it always defaults the top level, and then I have to go look for it.

I know control-command-N will create a new parent folder for the subfolder, but that's not something I have much use for.

I just tried control-option-command-N (seemed like a logical combo) and my finder crashed hard
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 01, 2022 05:29PM
I just wish in column view the files would stay where I drop them. Even the columns slide over when I drag and drop from the desktop to a window in column view.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Diana
Date: June 01, 2022 05:48PM
datbeme

I haven’t found a way, but I also haven’t looked very hard. I just have an empty unnamed folder on my desktop that I copy into the folder I need it in. Kludge, yep.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: June 01, 2022 09:55PM
Diana
datbeme

I haven’t found a way, but I also haven’t looked very hard. I just have an empty unnamed folder on my desktop that I copy into the folder I need it in. Kludge, yep.

That actually occurred to me while I was trying to describe my issue. I've never done that, but I agree that it's probably the best way. dunno smiley
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 01, 2022 10:24PM
kj
Yeah, I agree. It's stuff like this that make an os nice to use. Little things.

You mean the things Apple used to absolutely own?

It is what it is.
Posted by: gabester
Date: June 01, 2022 10:41PM
N-OS X-tasy!
kj
Yeah, I agree. It's stuff like this that make an os nice to use. Little things.

You mean the things Apple used to absolutely own?

Like... "it just works" - now available on Google Chromebooks everywhere.

g=
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020