advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I can not tell a lie [ fibbing ]?!....Apple receives clearance from FDA for 'atrial fibrillation' history feature.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 06, 2022 10:17AM
.....on the Apple Watch....probably coming to watchOS9....

watchOS 9 May Introduce Atrial Fibrillation History Feature on Apple Watch

.....Ahead of WWDC 2022, Apple has received regulatory clearance from the FDA for a new atrial fibrillation history feature that is likely for the Apple Watch, according to a 510(k) filing spotted by MyHealthyApple, a website dedicated to wearable devices.

Bloomberg's Mark Gurman in April reported that Apple was planning to improve the Apple Watch's existing atrial fibrillation detection feature in the ECG app with a new capability to measure how long a person is in a state of atrial fibrillation across a certain period, known as a "burden." Gurman had said the feature could debut as part of watchOS 9, which is expected to be announced today during Apple's opening keynote at WWDC 2022.

The ECG app is available on the Apple Watch Series 4 and newer, excluding the Apple Watch SE. The app records an electrocardiogram to see if the upper and lower chambers of your heart are in rhythm, according to Apple. An irregular rhythm could be atrial fibrillation (AFib).

Apple's keynote begins at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, with other announcements expected to include iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS 13, tvOS 16, and possibly some new hardware, with rumors suggesting that a redesigned MacBook Air could be unveiled. Stay tuned to MacRumors.com for complete coverage of WWDC and follow @MacRumorsLive on Twitter.....

watch..........what happens.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2022 10:18AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I can not tell a lie [ fibbing ]?!....Apple receives clearance from FDA for 'atrial fibrillation' history feature.....
Posted by: flareslow
Date: June 06, 2022 12:59PM
This AFib detection may be a good thing. Last August, my series 4 Apple watch started giving me notifications of possible AFib. I had no symptoms. The notifications persisted so I asked my Primary Care Physician about it. He was surprised to hear of the Apple watch part, but he brought me in for an EKG and then a Holter monitor. The Holter monitor confirmed the AFib diagnosis, and I went to a cardiologist who put me on a blood thinner - Xarelto and a different blood pressure med - dilitiazem. Still no symptoms, so no other treatment warranted yet. My watch may have saved me from a stroke!
Re: I can not tell a lie [ fibbing ]?!....Apple receives clearance from FDA for 'atrial fibrillation' history feature.....
Posted by: Diana
Date: June 06, 2022 03:23PM
I don't have AFib, but I felt a "flutter" more than once. It became more concerning, so I checked it with the Watch. I showed it to my neurologist who had previously put me on Xarelto (for stroke), and he referred me to a cardiologist. He was surprised at the capabilities of the watch as well. The EKG and the monitor confirmed premature CVT, so now I'm on Bystolic as well.

I like my watch.
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 06, 2022 04:08PM
Whatever happened to Tim Apple's much ballyhooed diabeetus / continuous blood glucose monitor app?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 06, 2022 07:23PM
It will be interesting how many health monitoring capabilities are built into the watch. It may become a key selling point as a medical device and not so much a tech accessory.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 07, 2022 07:25AM
bfd
Whatever happened to Tim Apple's much ballyhooed diabeetus / continuous blood glucose monitor app?

FDA.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 07, 2022 10:24AM

Possibly a work in progress?

I don't remember Tim announcing a ship date on that.

This AFib detection may be a good thing.

I suspect it will be, but don't offer that as a guarantee.

Every time Apple comes out with a new health feature for the 'Phone and/or Watch, there's someone who prophesies doom and gloom and the collapse of the medical community by virtue of the onslaught of reported false alarms.

And it never happens.

Yes, some doctors say they've had an uptick of people alleging heart problems or whatever, triggered by Apple's ruthless search for a way to make another buck.

Still, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of an overwhelmed beleaguered medical infrastructure.

Not to mention, there have been genuine instances of lives save only because of Apple's efforts with the Watch.

Fitness devices have improved countless lives, and Apple gets no small credit in that.

Apple clearly says 'see your doctor', as they should.

I for one, welcome our Technology Oriented Healthcare Overlords.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020