advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Mac_ximum overdrive?!....Apple introduces iOS 16_macOS Ventura_iPadOS 16__new redesigned 'MacBook Air'__updated 13-inch MacBook Pro....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 06, 2022 12:49PM
.....just posting some of the major announcements [ not all ].....

..........'iOS 16' not supporting......original iPhone SE, the iPhone 6s, the iPhone 6s Plus, and the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.....

iOS 16 Drops Support for iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, Original iPhone SE and More

....Apple's newly announced iOS 16 operating system is compatible with many of the iPhones that are able to run iOS 15, but it does drop support for some older devices, including the iPhone SE, the iPhone 6s, the iPhone 6s Plus, and the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus:

According to Apple, iOS 16 will be available only on the iPhone 8 and later. iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 are available to developers starting today, with Apple set to provide a public beta later this summer.....

no.....support......?!

Apple Announces Redesigned MacBook Air With M2 Chip, Notch, MagSafe, New Colors, and More

....Apple today unveiled the next-generation MacBook Air with the all-new M2 chip, a redesigned unibody enclosure, a brighter display with a notch, new color options like Starlight and Midnight, MagSafe charging, a 1080p camera, and more.

The new MacBook Air will be available next month, with pricing starting at $1,199 in the United States.....

new......redesigned 'Macbook Air'......with M2......?!

Apple Announces Updated 13-inch MacBook Pro With New M2 Chip

....Apple today unveiled an updated 13-inch MacBook Pro featuring Apple's next-generation custom M2 chip.

The new 13-inch MacBook Pro is essentially a processor bump, with the design and other hardware features identical to the previous model.

The 13-inch MacBook Pro will be available to order from today, with prices starting from $1,299.....

updated......13-inch MacBook Pro.......?!

Apple Introduces macOS Ventura: First Look at New Features

.....Apple today announced the next version of macOS, called macOS Ventura, with several new features including "Stage Manager," a feature to help you manage all of your windows.

Stage Manager helps you focus on the app you're using without any distractions by arranging all unused apps on the side, with the main and active app in the middle.

macOS Ventura also improves Spotlight with Rich Results, coming to iOS and iPadOS, letting users take actions right from within Spotlight. Spotlight also now indexes more apps, including Photos and Live Text, and more.....

introduces......macOS Ventura......?!

Apple Announces iPadOS 16, Featuring New Lock Screen, Enhanced Multitasking, Weather App, and More

....Apple today unveiled iPadOS 16, which includes several new features common to iOS 16 in addition to a new collaboration features and a dedicated Weather app.

Collaboration is a set of new features available in iPadOS, allowing users to add people to collaborate on projects in Apple's productivity apps in real time.

Apple also will also bring a new Free Form feature, a digital whiteboard that Apple says is perfect for brainstorming sessions.

In addition, Apple is bringing a dedicated Weather app for the iPad. WeatherKit is also coming for developers to tap into the Weather app's features......

iPadOS 16.............................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 23 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2022 02:14PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mac_ximum overdrive?!....Apple introduces 'iOS 16' & macOS Ventura / new redesigned 'MacBook Air' / updated 13-inch MacBook Pro....
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 06, 2022 01:25PM
Dang! I was really hoping for a 15" MacBook Air. Gonna have to shell out for the Pro!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Re: Mac_ximum overdrive?!....Apple introduces 'iOS 16' & macOS Ventura / new redesigned 'MacBook Air' / updated 13-inch MacBook Pro....
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 06, 2022 01:33PM
Man, that seemed like a long presentation, at nearly two hours.
Lots of cool stuff though.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 06, 2022 01:34PM
Shockingly, Apple has not updated its home page yet to spotlight the new product announcements. That's a first, AFAICR.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2022 01:34PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: June 06, 2022 01:49PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Shockingly, Apple has not updated its home page yet to spotlight the new product announcements. That's a first, AFAICR.

Probably because neither are available for preorder yet.

Specs and pricing are shown. The 13" MBP is one last attempt to get mileage out of the old design. For those who want a touchbar and no notch, it's your last chance. But seeing it side by side next to the new Air, you really have to hate the notch to prefer less screen real estate.
Re: Mac_ximum overdrive?!....Apple introduces iOS 16_macOS Ventura_iPadOS 16__new redesigned 'MacBook Air'__updated 13-inch MacBook Pro....
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: June 06, 2022 02:23PM
Everybody here in Ventura is super excited for this!
Posted by: decay
Date: June 06, 2022 02:30PM
updated now, 3:45pm ET

[www.apple.com]

scroll down...

M2 Macbook Air
iOS 16
macOS Ventura
iPad OS 16
watchOS 9
M2 Macbook Pro 13"

---
Re: Mac_ximum overdrive?!....Apple introduces iOS 16_macOS Ventura_iPadOS 16__new redesigned 'MacBook Air'__updated 13-inch MacBook Pro....
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 06, 2022 02:47PM
Thanks, but no(tch) thanks.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 06, 2022 03:30PM
datbeme
N-OS X-tasy!

Probably because neither are available for preorder yet.

That never stopped them before.

But, yes, as I write this the home page has been updated.

It is what it is.
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 06, 2022 04:05PM
Mike Johnson
Everybody here in Ventura is super excited for this!

Ventura Highway is gonna be extra crammed with cars as a result, and these guys are gonna be taking over the place …

… in the air. Everywhere!

Beware!!
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 06, 2022 04:18PM
FYI, the new MBA screen is 13.6". And it weighs a tenth of a pound less than the old one.

For me, it's a win-win. Either I buy the M1 on ebay at a nice discount, or I buy a nicer new one.....
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: June 06, 2022 07:01PM
Speedy
Thanks, but no(tch) thanks.

Butler is a good workaround for the notch.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 06, 2022 07:07PM
Wow!

That WWDC was far more interesting than I ever expected.

And while I did expect new MBAs and MBPs, I didn't expect that I'd want an M2 MBA.

Really want an M2 MBS.

Really really want an M2 MBA.

I have absolutely no need for an M2 anything, but that Starlight MBA is a beauty.

The new non-wedge design appeals to me, too.

The 'notch' is such a non issue for me.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 06, 2022 08:26PM
You’re all welcome. Considering I bought FOUR MBA’s in the last six months. Geesh.

At least I didn’t buy a IIvx ..
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: June 06, 2022 09:10PM
Only $2499 maxed out. Waaaaaay cheaper than a IIfx!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020