Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Annual Supplemental Property Tax Bills
Posted by: kap
Date: June 06, 2022 10:01PM
Hi guys/gals!
Come October we will have been in our place 3 years. Every year, we get a bill to pay said tax in May and September. It's June now we still have not received the bills in the mail. Is it because it's courtesy and not an obligation of the Tax Man to send the bills?

SoCal for now.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Annual Supplemental Property Tax Bills
Posted by: Forrest
Date: June 06, 2022 11:07PM
I would reach out to your town's tax accessor to find out the story.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 07, 2022 01:04AM
Lots of cities are having staffing problems. You should be able to look online and find the amount and the address to mail it to (or how to pay electronically).

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 07, 2022 02:15AM
It is also possible that it was mailed and not delivered. You need to call.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 07, 2022 05:36AM
Racer X
You need to call.

Yes, call, or go online. You are racking up nice sized penalties and interest.

Telling them you are old and forgetful will not save you a penny (please don’t ask me how I know sad smiley). We get a statement complete with two envelopes in early March with due dates of May 15 and October 15. I now pay it in full as soon as I see the statement in the mail by initiating a payment directly from our bank. I don’t even wait to open the envelope from the assessor’s office because we are snowbirds and gone in March (and possibly beyond May 15) but we get a daily email from USPS with a pic of our mail. Income tax due dates are heavily mentioned in the media, property tax - not so much. It is also on my calendar as annually recurring event(s). Our only other big annually recurring expense is our car and home insurance which is coincidentally also due October 15 so not having that second property tax payment to pay at the same time works just dandy for us.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 07, 2022 09:31AM
Was this "Supplemental Property Tax Bill" the ONLY property tax bill that you received each year?

My experience is that "Supplemental" bills are in additional to the normal property tax bills, and only occurred for the first year or so after the purchase of a property. They're to adjust for the change in assessed property value based on the selling/purchase price of the property.

So do you also receive a normal annual property tax bill which can usually be paid in two halves, or all at once.
Posted by: Michael
Date: June 07, 2022 11:53AM
Speedy
It is also on my calendar as annually recurring event(s).

I now have the various tax days on my calendar each day for a week before they're actually due. I've managed to just look past it when it was just on the due day but I've not looked past a week of the notifications.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020