advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
$76.14 Optical Disk Drive Class Action Lawsuit settlement has FINALLY arrived.
Posted by: d4
Date: June 07, 2022 08:44PM
Poll
Which settlement payment method are you choosing?
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
9 votes were received.
Amazon eGiftCard 7

78%
Target eGiftCard 2

22%
Starbucks eGiftCard 0

0%
Boring Mastercard Digital DebitCard 0

0%

$76.14 Optical Disk Drive Class Action Lawsuit settlement has FINALLY arrived.
Four payment methods available. Which one are you choosing?

Amazon, Target, Starbucks, Boring Mastercard Debit

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: $76.14 Optical Disk Drive Class Action Lawsuit settlement has FINALLY arrived.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 07, 2022 10:22PM
Is there a way to convert that Mastercard Debit card into cash? Like transfer funds from it to a bank account?
Re: $76.14 Optical Disk Drive Class Action Lawsuit settlement has FINALLY arrived.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: June 08, 2022 12:10AM
You could set up a Square or some thing else account where you can take credit cards, but he will pay around 3% for that to happen.
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 08, 2022 12:22AM
GGD
Is there a way to convert that Mastercard Debit card into cash? Like transfer funds from it to a bank account?

I got an Electronic Debit Visa card last year. It was a ROYAL PITA to use. I would go for the Amazon option.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 08, 2022 12:27AM
testcase
GGD

I got an Electronic Debit Visa card last year. It was a ROYAL PITA to use. I would go for the Amazon option.

I set mine as a new card on my utility account, spent it all, then deleted. I've done this a few times. Just know your card balance and make a 1 time payment.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: DP
Date: June 08, 2022 06:39AM
OK, I'll take the hit: What Optical Disk Drive Class Action lawsuit?

Resident Cardinal...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 08, 2022 06:54AM
DP
OK, I'll take the hit: What Optical Disk Drive Class Action lawsuit?

The one mentioned years and years ago. You got an email recently in your spam folder with your e-card and deleted it like I did.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: June 08, 2022 07:36AM
It was posted about here over 5 years ago.
Time flies. Bitcoin was at $1500 cry smiley

Posted by: wurm
Date: June 08, 2022 07:54AM
You got an email recently in your spam folder with your e-card and deleted it like I did.

Ha! I decided to check my spam folder. Nothing in it because they all had already been moved to Trash. Wow. Lots of emails about my huge settlement check arriving, but nothing remotely legit.

Which reminds me. I'm still waiting for my In re Apple Inc. Device Performance Litigation check. Just looked at the date on my claim: July 14, 2020. Anybody heard anything about that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2022 07:55AM by wurm.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: June 08, 2022 08:19AM
I took the Ferrari option.

!#$@@$#!

Date: June 08, 2022 08:31AM
It definitely looked scammy.
Here's the main banner graphic from the 2017 confirmation email. LOL

Got the settlement email yesterday. Chose the Amazon eGiftCard payment option. Just got the link 30 mins ago. I better use it quick. Got some nylon acorn nut caps in my cart. And now.... $65 left. thumbs up

Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: June 08, 2022 08:34AM
The email I received said I'm getting less than $20...how are you getting close to $80?
Date: June 08, 2022 08:41AM
Bill in NC
The email I received said I'm getting less than $20...how are you getting close to $80?

I believe the final settlement varies by the number of disk drives purchased.

Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: June 08, 2022 08:50AM
No wonder I never heard about it. WA wasn't in the settlement group.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Date: June 08, 2022 09:56AM
d4
Got some nylon acorn nut caps in my cart. And now.... $65 left. thumbs up

I prefer 50/50 cotton polyester, less abrasive.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 08, 2022 11:53AM
Speedy
d4
Got some nylon acorn nut caps in my cart. And now.... $65 left. thumbs up

I prefer 50/50 cotton polyester, less abrasive.

....the nuts are....acorn in size....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: June 08, 2022 03:46PM
Got my notice about three hours ago. $41.88.

Posted by: GGD
Date: June 08, 2022 03:58PM
I got two notices, it seems I applied twice, a few years apart via two different websites.

08/28/2016 via opticaldiskdriveantitrust.com
10/29/2018 via dollarsfordiskdrives.com

And I apparently counted the number of optical drives differently the two times. I'm getting $64.72 from opticaldiskdriveantitrust and $57.10 from dollarsfordiskdrives.
Date: June 08, 2022 05:39PM
GGD
I got two notices, it seems I applied twice, a few years apart via two different websites.

08/28/2016 via opticaldiskdriveantitrust.com
10/29/2018 via dollarsfordiskdrives.com

And I apparently counted the number of optical drives differently the two times. I'm getting $64.72 from opticaldiskdriveantitrust and $57.10 from dollarsfordiskdrives.

smiley-excited001

Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 08, 2022 08:11PM
ztirffritz
No wonder I never heard about it. WA wasn't in the settlement group.

I got a settlement. in Seattle. $45.68

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2022 08:12PM by Racer X.
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: June 09, 2022 01:16PM
Just got my email, $30.46

My music blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020