advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sriracha Sauce shortage
Posted by: Michael
Date: June 09, 2022 06:32PM
If you're a sriracha sauce lover, go grab a bottle or 2, enough to last until fall. The spring chili harvest apparently failed and it's in short supply.

[www.cnn.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sriracha Sauce shortage
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 09, 2022 06:36PM
I've found a lot of hot sauces to be real one note wonders. Is that true of sriracha in general?

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: srf1957
Date: June 09, 2022 06:58PM
I think it has a bad flavor on anything but chicken. ;
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: June 09, 2022 06:59PM
Racer, where do you place the emphasis on your comment—one note or wonder? It's mostly chili sauce, so technically, there's one predominant note, but Sri Racha is wonderful on many foods. Rooster sauce is more or less essential for Thai cuisine, but it can also be used in whatever soup or sandwich needs a sweet chili kick.

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Date: June 09, 2022 07:08PM
Are any of the Sriracha sauces that you know of blends of multiple chilis?

To me, Tabasco brand tabasco chili sauce is one note and harsh. Frank's Red hot uses cayenne chilis, but has a rounder flavor. It might be a blend.

The middle kid likes Sky Valley Sriracha sauce, as it is certified gluten-free (celiac disease) It is cayenne and red jalepeno peppers.

Wasn't there a shortage/poor crop not that long ago too?

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2022 07:20PM by Racer X.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 09, 2022 09:11PM
Marc Anthony
Racer, where do you place the emphasis on your comment—one note or wonder? It's mostly chili sauce, so technically, there's one predominant note, but Sri Racha is wonderful on many foods. Rooster sauce is more or less essential for Thai cuisine, but it can also be used in whatever soup or sandwich needs a sweet chili kick.

Yes, I just used it a few hours ago on my wonton soup with greens. Great! Also make a spicy mayo on occasion as it pairs really well with mayo. And use it on whatever, but usually Asian inspired foods.
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: June 10, 2022 05:18AM
I used to love it, but now find it too sweet. I like sambal oelek better(not sure if it’d be subject to the same shortage)… or my homemade fermented hot sauce, but that’s not for general audiences.
Date: June 10, 2022 09:38PM
I was at the store earlier picking up a prescription, and all brands of sriracha sauce are wiped out, and other hot sauces look sparse.

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 10, 2022 09:59PM
....so you got a....chili reception.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020