advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
1Password Starts at $29/mo
Posted by: gadje
Date: June 09, 2022 09:07PM
scroll a little down the page. It's not for the most of MRF crowd but still, that's quite a nice revenue model for them.

[1password.com]

Secrets Automation

Secure, orchestrate, and manage your company's infrastructure secrets with 1Password Secrets Automation.

Starts at $29/mo
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 1Password Starts at $29/mo
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 09, 2022 09:19PM
I have no idea how this works but I could image it would be invaluable for companies managing a large number of cloud computing resources.

Posted by: Tiangou
Date: June 09, 2022 09:23PM
It looks like an API for enterprise app development. I doubt it's bringing in much for them.

...Surprisingly, they have not been gouging (yet).

Keep your family safe while you travel with 50% off your first year of 1Password
$ 4.99

USD per family of 5, per month.

Billed annually

(They also have a not so secret promo for perpetual license users of v7 to lock it in at half-price for 3 years.)

I don't like what they're doing.

Subscriptions don't generally benefit subscribers in any way that justifies the additional cost, and not having control over your own vault anymore is total BS, but they're trying to not to be total a-holes to all of those people they're screwing over and I respect that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2022 09:26PM by Tiangou.
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 09, 2022 09:54PM
There is no way I'm ponying up $60 a year for any password manager. I'll go back to lined paper and a pencil first. I keep a legacy version pf 1password around for access in case I run into a website I have not logged into in a long time, but otherwise I let Keychain handle it.
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: June 09, 2022 10:05PM
Tiangou
It looks like an API for enterprise app development. I doubt it's bringing in much for them.

...Surprisingly, they have not been gouging (yet).

Keep your family safe while you travel with 50% off your first year of 1Password
$ 4.99

USD per family of 5, per month.

Billed annually

(They also have a not so secret promo for perpetual license users of v7 to lock it in at half-price for 3 years.)

I don't like what they're doing.

Subscriptions don't generally benefit subscribers in any way that justifies the additional cost, and not having control over your own vault anymore is total BS, but they're trying to not to be total a-holes to all of those people they're screwing over and I respect that.

That’s Canadian politeness.

Posted by: jonny
Date: June 09, 2022 11:32PM
Rake it in while you can 1password. Passkey is going to be eating your lunch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2022 11:33PM by jonny.
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 10, 2022 09:37AM
jonny

Man, I hope so. It's always irritated me that a monthly sub is being charged for, what, a method of remembering ones passwords? Crazy.

1Password is a great piece of software. Just like Pages is. But the only reason they've held people hostage is the lack of an internal method for doing what they're doing. I'm so hoping Passkey does it.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Ventura 13.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Posted by: chopper
Date: June 10, 2022 11:37AM
<<There is no way I'm ponying up $60 a year for any password manager. I'll go back to lined paper and a pencil first. I keep a legacy version pf 1password around for access in case I run into a website I have not logged into in a long time, but otherwise I let Keychain handle it.>>

100%. 1000%.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 10, 2022 12:16PM
tuqqer
jonny

Man, I hope so. It's always irritated me that a monthly sub is being charged for, what, a method of remembering ones passwords? Crazy.

1Password is a great piece of software. Just like Pages is. But the only reason they've held people hostage is the lack of an internal method for doing what they're doing. I'm so hoping Passkey does it.

mac OS (and OS X before it) has had Keychain for a very long time - it just wasn't nearly as good at managing passwords as 1Password, which made paying for the latter a smart decision, at least before the introduction of subscription pricing.

Keychain has improved greatly, however, and as mentioned by others, Passkey is rapidly approaching, with the goal of eliminating passwords completely. You can bet your ass that AgileBits is working hard on a product that leverages Passkey.

Me? I will stick with my perpetually-licensed copy of 1Password 7 until it no longer works, than probably switch over to Keychain.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 380
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020