advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tesla files for 3:1 split
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 10, 2022 04:03PM
Tesla just filed its annual proxy statement with the SEC and revealed it plans a three-for-one stock split, and that board member Larry Ellison does not plan to stand for re-election.

Tesla had a 5:1 split in 2020. It is also will be the third major stock to split this summer. last month; Amazon (AMZN) split 20:1 and Alphabet (GOOG) plans a 20:1 split in July. A split does not add value to a stock, but will often drive sales amongst smaller investors.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tesla files for 3:1 split
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: June 10, 2022 04:31PM
Hmmmmmmm…
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 10, 2022 08:09PM
By then the after-split price per share should be around $100.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 10, 2022 10:27PM
The Twitter issue and increased competition may have numbered the days of Teslas being a high flying stock.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: June 10, 2022 11:36PM
Let’s be real, right now there is no competition for Tesla. However you are right about Twitter and other recent shenanigans. If it weren’t for them, Tesla would be about 150 points higher.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 11, 2022 07:03AM
Carnos Jax
Let’s be real, right now there is no competition for Tesla. However you are right about Twitter and other recent shenanigans. If it weren’t for them, Tesla would be about 150 points higher.

there is no competition for Tesla in the US, in other parts of the world there is plenty. BYD sells twice the number of EV's as Tesla on a worldwide basis, it just has no presence in the USA.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 11, 2022 08:14AM
...this new made me....split my pants.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: June 11, 2022 02:33PM
Carnos Jax

I’d buy a Porsche Taycan looooooong before I’d buy a Tesla Model S.

Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: June 11, 2022 08:04PM
Ombligo
there is no competition for Tesla in the US, in other parts of the world there is plenty.

I wouldn’t have thought Tesla and BYD are competitors, you really think so? They don’t compete in the same market class (vehicle size, features, power, cost etc.). People who are in the market for Teslas aren’t looking at BYD’s as far as I can tell.

Ombligo
BYD sells twice the number of EV's as Tesla on a worldwide basis, it just has no presence in the USA.

By worldwide are you excluding the U.S.? I can’t find any numbers corroborating that otherwise.

Yoyodyne ArtWorks
I’d buy a Porsche Taycan looooooong before I’d buy a Tesla Model S.

I think many would, but Tesla still outsells them by shear volume.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: June 12, 2022 09:52AM
Tesla still have no competition, well, not in the US or Europe. In China BYD is growing by leaps and bounds. They just passed VW in EV production. Tesla is still safely #1, making double either VW OR BYD.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020