advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Massive toothbrush upgrade-really happy with Braun iO.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 11, 2022 01:02PM
I was using a Braun 1000, and it was time to buy some new brush heads. I saw this new line, the iO line, which seems to combine rotary motion with sonic vibrations, or some such. On amazon, the cheapest I saw was about $150-too much!

So I picked a new unit up on eBay for $60, and it's a game changer, for two reasons. First, it just gets my teeth a lot cleaner--they feel less gritty/slimy, and it lasts for hours after brushing. Second, they've slightly gamified toothbrushing-the toothbrush connects via BT to an app on my iPhone, and guides me through the tooth brushing process, splitting the upper and lower jaw each into three segments, showing me the progress in each section. I always thought I had a pretty good technique, but this is much better--nothing gets skipped.

So, high recommendation! Hit me up with any questions.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Massive toothbrush upgrade-really happy with Braun iO.
Posted by: kj
Date: June 11, 2022 01:55PM
Did Braun and Oral-B split up, or did they kind of merge? Is the app sort of like the apple fitness app? If so, that might be helpful (except it's flossing that I'm a weener about).
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: June 11, 2022 02:20PM
anonymouse1
First, it just gets my teeth a lot cleaner--they feel less gritty/slimy, and it lasts for hours after…

Yes, it’s the sonic that makes the difference…every time I brush it feels like I just came from the dentist.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 11, 2022 02:41PM
I think it's a merge.

Don't know about the apple fitness app. The Braun app tells you to floss, right after you brush.

kj
Did Braun and Oral-B split up, or did they kind of merge? Is the app sort of like the apple fitness app? If so, that might be helpful (except it's flossing that I'm a weener about).
Posted by: gadje
Date: June 11, 2022 05:04PM
Did they solve the standing water at the base of the charger issue? Sonicare has a better design where the water drains away. Oral B has a trap. Whoever designed that should be fired.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 11, 2022 05:11PM
The Braun app tells you to floss, right after you brush.

I use the Oral-B brush, no app.

To me, it makes more sense to floss before brushing.

If flossing is necessary (a good practice even if it isn't) that means the brushing didn't clear everything out, and the area hidden by any subsequent 'left-over' isn't brushed.

So I floss to remove any potential material, and then everything is hit with the brush.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 11, 2022 05:28PM
RAMd®d
The Braun app tells you to floss, right after you brush.

I use the Oral-B brush, no app.

To me, it makes more sense to floss before brushing.

If flossing is necessary (a good practice even if it isn't) that means the brushing didn't clear everything out, and the area hidden by any subsequent 'left-over' isn't brushed.

So I floss to remove any potential material, and then everything is hit with the brush.

For the deluxe treatment, I floss (actually use floss picks, because neuro crud precludes using regular, real floss) first, then water pik, then brush, then Listerine. That's good for ~2X weekly. Brush is regular Oral B electric, though spousal unit uses the fancy one. Non-deluxe is floss picks, plus brushing and mouthwash, w/ latter two's order dependent on how much crud is rooted out by the floss picks; more crud = Listerine before brushing. Spousal unit is also a giant proponent of the fancy Oral B brushing appliance.
==
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: June 11, 2022 09:26PM
FYI, article on Forbes website from 2017:

Regular Use of Mouthwash May Increase Risk for Diabetes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2022 09:28PM by Yoyodyne ArtWorks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 81
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020