advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What do you guys think of Paramount Plus?
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 11, 2022 03:03PM
I was wondering if there is enough other content and movies to make P+ worthwhile.
They have a free month promo going right now, till the 20th, so I thought it might ha good time to check them out.
I would probably opt for the $4.99 plan, if I continued as I don’t need a local CBS channel

It looks like the ads you see with the $4.99 plan are only before the movie not during, is this correct?
Is this also how it works with series, ads before episode?

Do you guys like or dislike P+?
What original content stands out for them?

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What do you guys think of Paramount Plus?
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 11, 2022 03:19PM
The Trek universe is the only thing I have watched on it. I just buy month and binge then drop when a season or two has completed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2022 03:20PM by Acer.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 11, 2022 03:26PM
I watch my testosterone poison guilty pleasure, SEAL Team, when it’s on, on P+.

Depending on my mood, I may keep it longer if my Trek jones is on the ascension. big grin smiley

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 11, 2022 04:40PM
We like it. But we have a very particular problem, which is no cable and poor broadcast reception, so it's great to be able to watch CBS stuff without burps, pixels, and blackouts. Between this and Peacock, we only have to put up with terrible reception on ABC. So we simply don't watch ABC.
We are subscribed to a number of these streaming channels. Much less money than cable and we don't have 800 channels we don't want.

Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 11, 2022 04:46PM
good service for binge and drop. rinse and repeat.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: hal
Date: June 11, 2022 05:35PM
The Offer (the story of the making of The Godfather) is worth the price of admission alone!
Posted by: Pat
Date: June 11, 2022 06:12PM
Signed up to watch Europa League.
Didn't watch any movies, the one series we watched did have commercials. Can't remember if they were during the episode or not.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 11, 2022 06:31PM
It looks like the ads you see with the $4.99 plan are only before the movie not during, is this correct?
Is this also how it works with series, ads before episode?

Good questions, for which I have no answers.

I just think it absolutely wrong to charge one for a viewing service and also interrupt content with commercials.

It's expected in OTA viewing, since there's no monthly admission fee.

This appears to be the same with YouTube's 'free' content, though signing in and data mining is a fee.

But I'd really have to want to see some programming to pay for it and suffer interrupting commercials.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: June 11, 2022 06:35PM
Thanks for the responses.
There is one movie they have I would like to see and maybe I would try some of the ST stuff.
Since they have a free month right now, I might give it a try with a reminder on my phone to cancel before my card is charged.

Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 11, 2022 07:08PM
I've had the ad-free version and the ad version for Paramount+. I never watched a movie on it. For tv shows and the Star Trek stuff the ads interrupted the episodes. My son watched Halo and found the ad interruption annoying.

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: June 11, 2022 07:42PM
graylocks
I've had the ad-free version and the ad version for Paramount+. I never watched a movie on it. For tv shows and the Star Trek stuff the ads interrupted the episodes. My son watched Halo and found the ad interruption annoying.

Thanks for the info.
I think I could handle ads for a series, but I do not want them to interrupt a movie. Before is OK, I guess.

Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 12, 2022 07:37AM
hal
The Offer (the story of the making of The Godfather) is worth the price of admission alone!

Agree 100%. One of the absolute best series I've seen ever. Who knew that the back story of a movie from 50 years ago would be so compelling.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Ventura 13.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Date: June 12, 2022 04:17PM
tuqqer
hal

Agree 100%. One of the absolute best series I've seen ever. Who knew that the back story of a movie from 50 years ago would be so compelling.

Did you see Hearts of Darkness? The doc about the making of Apocolypse Now by Coppola's wife? It makes 'The Offer' look like a Sunday walk in the park.
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 12, 2022 05:11PM
hal

Did you see Hearts of Darkness? The doc about the making of Apocolypse Now by Coppola's wife? It makes 'The Offer' look like a Sunday walk in the park.

Did not, but I'm looking for it now! thanks.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Ventura 13.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Date: June 12, 2022 06:30PM
here's Coppola trying to direct Dennis Hopper while he's peaking on acid: [www.youtube.com]

and a trailer: [www.youtube.com]
Posted by: dk62
Date: June 13, 2022 09:00AM
I mainly watch The Daily Show, it is definitely interrupted by commercials, but fewer than if watching on Comedy Central app. I watched a couple of movies, commercials were only before the start.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 13, 2022 09:46PM
Heard a good review of Evil has being some of the best television these days, if the supernatural stuff and what-is-real is your thing. [en.m.wikipedia.org])
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 291
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020