Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
The Equalizer lives!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 15, 2022 03:18PM
No, not that terrible TV show!

Denzel is doing a third installment of The Equalizer movies!

It's a ways off yet — scheduled for September, 2023.

I really liked the first two movies, especially the timbre of Denzel's character.

The best part of this new chapter is Dakota Fanning co-starring.

Dakota Fanning Reunites With ‘Man On Fire’ Co-Star Denzel Washington In Sony’s ‘Equalizer 3’

It’s been nearly 20 years since their hit action thriller Man On Fire blew away audiences and further helped solidify Dakota Fanning as a future star but it now looks like she is ready to reteam with the Oscar Winning Denzel Washington. Sources tell Deadline Fanning is set to star opposite Washington in Antoine Fuqua’s The Equalizer 3 for Sony Pictures.

While Man On Fire cleared the way for Washington to kicking ass in future films like the Equalizer series, the film is just as well known for the touching scenes between Washington and Fanning where he plays her loyal and caring bodyguard and Sony and Fuqua saw this as the perfect opportunity to reunite the two talents.

More at [www.yahoo.com]

She was in War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise, and of course the most excellent Man on Fire with Denzel.

I liked her in the former but loved her in the latter.

Now, the Equalizer flicks, as much as I enjoyed them, don't hold a candle to Man on Fire, and both Dakota's and Denzel's performance were outstanding.

This third movie does get my attention, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they are, together again.

In the meantime, I'll cue up Man on Fire.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Equalizer lives!
Posted by: Michael
Date: June 15, 2022 03:40PM
I watched the second movie a couple of weeks ago and thought the same thing about the tv show--it's a pretty poor comparison. I'll look forward to the third movie!
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 15, 2022 05:33PM
The casting and characters are based on feeding a demographic with positive role models. They could have created a new show without ruining a good one from the past. Square peg in a round hole, pounded to bits until it fit.

I have immense respect for the lead's family dynamic. However it belongs in another venue, not this one.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 15, 2022 09:59PM
Make that bad boy and take my money.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020