Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone here on Visible?
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 16, 2022 03:07PM
Verizon is going up $6 on my plan, due to “rising operational costs.”
Visible runs on Verizon lines, so I am thinking of switching to them.
Do any of you use them?
How does the party plan work, as far as adding on to someone’s group, since it would just be me?
Thanks for any advice you might have to give.
I don’t use much data per month.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone here on Visible?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 16, 2022 03:45PM
For me it's been fine. I used their app to switch over and it was pretty easy.

I'd give you a $5/month discount but already gave it away to someone else here last year. You'll pay the full monthly thing unless joining a group. I think they even encourage it with strangers since there's no tie-in to anyone else.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 16, 2022 03:46PM
i've been trying to get my son to switch to Visible but he's a creature of brand name habit. There are groups on Reddit you can be a party line part of.

also, are you on Xfinity for internet in your part of town or are you Charter? If Xfinity then Xfinity Mobile, which I've had for almost 4 years, uses Verizon towers like Visible.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 16, 2022 04:11PM
>I don’t use much data per month.

Can you put a number on it?

Date: June 16, 2022 04:20PM
mattkime
>I don’t use much data per month.

Can you put a number on it?

Maybe 1GB or less.
I need to be on Verizon network though.

Date: June 16, 2022 04:21PM
graylocks
i've been trying to get my son to switch to Visible but he's a creature of brand name habit. There are groups on Reddit you can be a party line part of.

also, are you on Xfinity for internet in your part of town or are you Charter? If Xfinity then Xfinity Mobile, which I've had for almost 4 years, uses Verizon towers like Visible.

I have UVerse, through a reseller for internet and Dish for TV

Posted by: d4
Date: June 16, 2022 04:32PM
Total Wireless (Verizon towers) user here.
Emailed card codes are available at Target so the RedCard discount applies.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: June 16, 2022 04:35PM
There's at least a few of us here on Visible. It's been quite a bit better for me than any service I've had over the last 30 years.

I signed up for a "party pay" group with another forum member and pay exactly $25/month.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2022 04:35PM by AllGold.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 16, 2022 04:41PM
If you are in an area serviced by Spectrum, you can get a 1GB plan for $14/month. It uses Verizon towers.

As for Visible - the only complaint I've heard is that it gets throttled in busy areas. It uses Verizon towers but is deemphasized if a tower gets loaded. So if you are in such an area, take that into consideration. Also, keep in mind that all dealings are done online. There is no phone or store to go in (Verizon stores won't help you)

As for finding a group, there are some on the user's forum that has thousands of members. Join them and you never have to worry about finding others to fill out your group.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Date: June 16, 2022 04:51PM
Ombligo
If you are in an area serviced by Spectrum, you can get a 1GB plan for $14/month. It uses Verizon towers.

As for Visible - the only complaint I've heard is that it gets throttled in busy areas. It uses Verizon towers but is deemphasized if a tower gets loaded. So if you are in such an area, take that into consideration. Also, keep in mind that all dealings are done online. There is no phone or store to go in (Verizon stores won't help you)

As for finding a group, there are some on the user's forum that has thousands of members. Join them and you never have to worry about finding others to fill out your group.

I don’t think Spectrum is in our area, but I will investigate.

Edit: yep, not available. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2022 04:54PM by rgG.
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 16, 2022 05:41PM
It’s simple to join a “Party Pay” group. I have four in my group but can add more. PM me if you’d like an invitation link. Your months bill will be $25/month. You are ONLY responsible for YOUR account and, can drop out with NO penalty anytime you want.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 16, 2022 05:50PM
I'm not certain if this uses the verizon network. I think its compatible? Anyway, $15/month for 3GB [www.redpocket.com]

Date: June 16, 2022 05:52PM
mattkime
I'm not certain if this uses the verizon network. I think its compatible? Anyway, $15/month for 3GB [www.redpocket.com]

Thanks. I think I had my daughter on Redpocket years ago. I believe they may use ATT, but I need to double check.

Edit: Apparently you can choose which network you want to use with Redpocket, so that might also work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2022 05:57PM by rgG.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 16, 2022 06:13PM
rgG
Ombligo

I don’t think Spectrum is in our area, but I will investigate.

Edit: yep, not available. sad smiley

Just find a friend/relative on Spectrum.... and ask nicely. cool smiley
==
Posted by: clay
Date: June 16, 2022 07:47PM
rgG
mattkime

Thanks. I think I had my daughter on Redpocket years ago. I believe they may use ATT, but I need to double check.

Edit: Apparently you can choose which network you want to use with Redpocket, so that might also work.

Yup, happy Redpocket family here (VZN network). Works quite well for our needs. We're on the ~10/month plan (I think 1gb data, 1000 minutes, unlimited texts) that you get on their ebay store only. I think they also have slightly higher plans if you want a little more cushion data-wise.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 16, 2022 09:04PM
I'm on Visible.

No complaints.
Posted by: Michael
Date: June 17, 2022 05:09AM
graylocks

Here's a big reddit group to easily join: [www.reddit.com]
Re: Anyone here in Visible?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 17, 2022 05:11AM
Oops.

Misread that.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Re: Anyone here in Visible?
Date: June 17, 2022 05:47AM
RAMd®d
Oops.

Misread that.

I see what you did. Lol

Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: June 18, 2022 05:59PM
Plenty of groups out there to join to get $25/month.

Only caveat is that Visible runs on Verizon native towers only...no roaming as in no voice or text or data.

Which is why although I've enjoyed Visible I'm getting ready to switch to US Mobile on a limited data plan because it does have coverage in the large US Cellular area in the western part of my state where my family's vacation cabin is located while Visible does not.

Had it not been for the above I'm sure I'd have spent many more years on Visible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020