advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
‘Rona rant
Posted by: Spiff
Date: June 17, 2022 07:28PM
My wife and I have been very careful these past two years. Home schooling and virtual schooling out kids. The wife has taken time off of university teaching to stay away from the sick kids and keep our kids at home. I could not stay playlet home due to the nature of my work, but double masked everywhere and used eye shields at work.

We finally decided it was time to get the kids in summer camps and start socializing them. We did our research and made the best decision possible.

6 day camp days later all three kids pop positive for the ‘Rona virus. They all wore masks and were not present for meals at the camp.

All I gotta say is @&%#*@&%#*, &*^#€£, @&%#+^€ and ¥£*^66&@.

All that work erased in 6 days. At least the kids are vaxed and boosted. I hope they don’t get stinking sick, cause then I’ll need to buy an extra nebulizer machine (two out of three wheeze when they get sick).

That’s all. I’m done.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ‘Rona rant
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 17, 2022 07:30PM
I'm missing your point, I guess. You thought you or your kids were never, ever going to catch a virus, ever again? Or just the rona?
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 17, 2022 07:43PM
You can run, but you can't hide forever. I made it all the way to three weeks ago. At least you staved it off until you got the variant with less serious symptoms.
Posted by: chopper
Date: June 17, 2022 07:47PM
"Double masked and eye shields."

For the love of God.

And your wife works at a university? Has she tuned in to a biology class at all?
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 17, 2022 08:05PM
Sounds like you did what you could do and took a calculated risk. People will just have to make those kinds of decisions going forward. I assume everyone will catch it eventually. I am just hoping that vaccines hold up as the virus evolves.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: June 17, 2022 08:18PM
Still virus free here. I still wear a mask out in public.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 17, 2022 08:23PM
Getting sick after being vaxxed and boosted now, rather than at peak hospital usage, is a big deal in a good way. Don’t forget it.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 17, 2022 08:25PM
Kids are germy and few young ones have been vaxxed. Send them to a camp that mandates vaxing and testing.

My two adult children, one a high school teacher and one who works at McDonald’s, haven’t gotten it, daughter’s spouse (high school custodian) has gotten it (asymptomatic but discovered through routine testing) and son’s spouse (works at a mall Victoria’s Secret) has not. Daughter with kidney transplant gets a booster every four months (she had her annual online infectious disease appointment just this morning) and next week will get a dose of Evusheld which should prevent any devastating course of Covid - good for four months, then repeat; it’s an injection, not an IV.

My wife and I, both retired, also have not gotten Covid. We are all fully vaxxed and boosted.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 17, 2022 08:35PM
You did the best you could, and were slightly more successful than Dr. Fauci. It's going to be pretty hard to 100% avoid going forward, but you've also taken the steps that should have the best outcomes with a breakthrough infection.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: June 17, 2022 09:04PM
You took all the precautions. If everybody did that, we'd all be in far better shape than we are now.

This @#$%& virus knows no bounds. Friend of ours is an EMT, has had all the vaxes and boosters, but still caught it and was laid up for a month.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 17, 2022 09:17PM
.....muh....muh....muh....my....sha.....'rona......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: June 17, 2022 09:48PM
Personally, I'd be glad at this point. The newer strains are not as bad, hospitals not overwhelmed and better treatment options. You made it through the worse. Some research shows people who got small exposures faired better, but then again there's pretty research that shows everything at this point.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 17, 2022 09:56PM
With apologies to the Miami Sound Machine:

At night when you turn off all the lights
There's no place that you can hide
No no, the 'Rona is gonna get'cha

In bed, throw the covers on your head
You pretend like you are dead
But I know it, the 'Rona is gonna gey'cha

'Rona is gonna get'cha
'Rona is gonna get'cha
'Rona is gonna get you
The 'Rona is gonna get you tonight

No way, you can fight it every day
But no matter what you say
You know it the 'Rona is gonna get'cha

No clue, of what's happening to you
And before this night is through
Ooh baby the 'Rona is gonna get'cha

'Rona is gonna get'cha
'Rona is gonna get'cha
'Rona is gonna get you
The 'Rona is gonna get you tonight

'Rona is gonna get'cha
'Rona is gonna get'cha
'Rona is gonna get you
The 'Rona is gonna get you
'Rona is gonna get'cha
'Rona is gonna get'cha

The 'Rona is gonna get you
(Na na na na na na na na)

'Rona is gonna get'cha (na na na na na na na na)
'Rona is gonna get'cha (na na na na na na na na)
(Na na na na na na na na)
The 'Rona is gonna get you tonight!

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2022 02:09PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 17, 2022 10:16PM
Carnos Jax
Still virus free here. I still wear a mask out in public.

Same here.

I know what the COVID virus is; what the heck is the "RONA" virus??? dunno smiley
Posted by: SurfMacJpMtb
Date: June 17, 2022 10:32PM
Thank you for getting fully vaxed. Positive thoughts for mild symptoms and a speedy recovery.

Long time Mac user
Posted by: decay
Date: June 17, 2022 11:22PM
I finally got it recently, after 2 shots & a booster.

mild sore throat 2 days, nothing else. slight cough four a couple weeks.

---
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 18, 2022 12:40AM
'Rona attacked your babies. I'd be mad too.
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 18, 2022 04:37AM
“ With apologies to the Miami Sound Machine: “

‘ Sooner or Later ‘

[www.lyrics.com]

Just finished a 12 1/2 hour road trip or I’d see you.
Posted by: rz
Date: June 18, 2022 08:16AM
decay
I finally got it recently, after 2 shots & a booster.

mild sore throat 2 days, nothing else. slight cough four a couple weeks.

Same here, but it was a stuffy nostril and sore throat for 2 days. No cough, except when I was asleep according to my wife.

Son "sorta" tested positive last week. Faint line on the home test. Subsequent tests the next two days showed negative. He was stuffy and coughed a bit for about a week. He's all better now. No worse than a cold, which is possible that's all it was. I don't trust the home tests.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 18, 2022 09:03AM
I was living in a house of five adults, ranging in age from 21 to 100. The three youngest all caught it (21, 24, 55), two kids just got it mild, and my wife was hospitalized for three weeks. This was all before vaccines were released. Neither my mother nor I ever tested positive. Further, I was working in a school where cases were running rampant. Doctors surmised (but had no proof) that my mom and I had natural immunity.

You can take precautions, but they are just that - precautions, not guarantees.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: ArtP
Date: June 18, 2022 09:08AM
Also ironic is my ex girlfriend who used to always send Rona safety facts and stats via messenger and text AND also hasn't really shopped indoors for almost 2 years (curbside, delivery, and drive thrus ALWAYS) caught the Rona last week.

Her nephews graduation was last week and she caught it from the kids I guess
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 18, 2022 10:01AM
Some experts believe we will have one last big surge this fall. I hope it isn't the one that evades the vaccine. This is why there will likely be an Omicron specific booster. Everyone can make their own decisions about how to deal with this. The next few Omicron variants will likely reinfect people with earlier C19 versions. I am laying low until after this fall.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Pat
Date: June 18, 2022 10:14AM
Whole family is vaxed and boosted.
Went to Yosemite last week and 5 out of our group of nine got sick. My daughter's was relatively mild. Wife is like a bad case of the flu. Myself did fine the first day, now on day 3 with 101+ fever, had some really wild vision issues last night (nystagmus).
My son and his girlfriend got Covid when they went to England in March, I think that gave them some protection from the strain we were exposed to on the damn shuttle bus since they're still asymptomatic.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: June 18, 2022 11:38AM
Two neighbors who aren't vaxxed tested positive and had mild symptoms for less than 48 hours.
Posted by: davester
Date: June 18, 2022 12:04PM
pRICE cUBE
Some experts believe we will have one last big surge this fall.

Remove the word "last" and that sentence will be correct. There's no evidence that I'm aware of that the virus is going away.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: June 18, 2022 12:20PM
davester
pRICE cUBE
Some experts believe we will have one last big surge this fall.

Remove the word "last" and that sentence will be correct. There's no evidence that I'm aware of that the virus is going away.

Remove the word "some."

There's a strong consensus.

Some experts believe we're well into the next surge and the only reason there's not a panic is that between home-testing, COVID fatigue in the news and governments failing to document/report cases it's just not making it to public-awareness.

Posted by: JoeH
Date: June 18, 2022 01:20PM
My stepbrother and his family have all been down with it over the last few weeks. Possibly brought home by my niece returning from school at UCLA. But could have been contracted other ways. They have needed to stay away from my father and stepmother, my father can't afford to contract it as he already is being treated for congestive heart failure.
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 18, 2022 02:14PM
Our county is back down to "Low" status with the CDC. This surge is clearing out pretty fast, it seems. But it did snag a bunch of people who had managed to avoid it until now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2022 02:14PM by Acer.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 18, 2022 05:22PM
Pat
Whole family is vaxed and boosted.
Went to Yosemite last week and 5 out of our group of nine got sick. My daughter's was relatively mild. Wife is like a bad case of the flu. Myself did fine the first day, now on day 3 with 101+ fever, had some really wild vision issues last night (nystagmus).
My son and his girlfriend got Covid when they went to England in March, I think that gave them some protection from the strain we were exposed to on the damn shuttle bus since they're still asymptomatic.

I hope y'all enjoyed your trip.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: June 20, 2022 09:31AM
My wife and I are vaxxed and double boosted. Our first big venture out was to JazzFest in NOLA last month and we both came down with it within a week of our return. My wife was in bed for almost two days with fatigue and cold-like symptoms. Worst I experienced was a bad sore throat. Felt like I was swallowing razor blades one night. We both got Paxlovid which curtailed the symptoms and seem to have no long-COVID symptoms so far.

It was inevitable we got it at JazzFest. There seemed to be no limiting of crowd numbers. So friggin' packed AND hot as Satan's taint.

Mostly pissed me off since we've been so careful for two years. Be a while before we do something like that again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 153
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020