advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
no monkey business?!...Monkeypox continues to spread [ not going away ]......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 19, 2022 08:58AM
....now 23 cases in NY metro area (was 19 few days ago), not linked to international travel.....cases in Indiana & Missouri & 2 confirmed in Houston & 1 case in Maryland....84 total now in U.S. [ cases are also increasing in Europe ]....

As more states report monkeypox, officials urge caution

....Las Vegas officials reported the first monkeypox case in that city, in a man in his 20s who traveled domestically. Maryland also said the state has its first monkeypox detection, which involves an adult who is isolating at home.

In new research developments, a Dutch team that studied 18 recently confirmed patients found a 4- to 17-day incubation period, which supports current isolation and contact-tracing guidance, but offers a bit narrower window than other estimates.

US monkeypox total climbs to 84
"Although human monkeypox is a rare infection in the United States, this Maryland case and other cases in the region and country remind us that we need to be prepared and take steps to prevent infection and its spread," said Maryland Department of Health Deputy Secretary for Public Health Jinlene Chan, MD.

"MDH will continue to work with local and federal public health authorities and communicate responsibly with Maryland residents as we learn more."

The United States now has 84 monkeypox cases, up from 72 yesterday. Nineteen states and Washington, DC, have all reported cases, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The outbreak comes as many US cities prepare for Pride celebrations this month. Most—but not all—monkeypox cases are occurring in men who have sex with men (MSM) and are linked to sexual relations.

"Be aware but don't panic," is the message touted by the Gay Men's Health Crisis and other advocacy groups, who are urging parade-goers and others to check themselves for rashes and stay home if they feel unwell.

Scientists do not yet know if monkeypox is spread via seminal fluid, but close, personal contact is likely fueling this outbreak. Many US patients are presenting with anogenital rashes, suggesting sexual contact is playing a significant role in transmission.

San Diego County also recorded its first two infections. The two cases are unrelated, but both patients traveled internationally......

cases......continue to increase.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2022 09:07AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: no monkey business?!...Monkeypox continues to spread [ not going away ]......
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: June 19, 2022 09:52AM
Re: no monkey business?!...Monkeypox continues to spread [ not going away ]......
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 19, 2022 10:22AM
It's ability to spread is not even close to the contagion of even a simple flu virus. At this point it's more click-bait than public health threat.
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 19, 2022 11:32AM
Why all the fuss?

Monkeypops are delicious!

Posted by: Tiangou
Date: June 19, 2022 11:45AM
Keeping Monkeypox at bay in the general population is next to impossible.

People who are at high risk or suspect that they may have been exposed would have to wear masks indoors in public spaces and wash their hands frequently or clean with hand-sanitizer, take care not to touch their faces immediately following contact with other people, and wear condoms during sex with strangers.

Think of the burden on society. Coordinating such a massive and complex response is beyond the ability of any Western government.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 19, 2022 12:57PM
Oh, what a scary name!
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 19, 2022 02:16PM

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 19, 2022 03:45PM
I hear a bunch of guys who were in in a U-Haul van last week just tested positive for Monkeypox.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Mr645
Date: June 19, 2022 04:37PM
The K is silent
Posted by: rz
Date: June 19, 2022 05:00PM
Filliam H. Muffman
I hear a bunch of guys who were in in a U-Haul van last week just tested positive for Monkeypox.

Oh, how I wish that were true!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 19, 2022 09:26PM
rz
Filliam H. Muffman

It doesn't need to be true if they all believe it and react as one might expect.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 20, 2022 09:09AM
Filliam H. Muffman
rz
Filliam H. Muffman

It doesn't need to be true if they all believe it and react as one might expect.

Walking through WalMart breathing on everybody because rights?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 278
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020