advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
what do we like for webcams?
Posted by: rz
Date: June 19, 2022 07:17PM
Wife is moving from an iMac to a Mac Studio and needs a webcam. It needs to be at least as good as the one on her 2010 iMac. What recommendations do you have?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: what do we like for webcams?
Posted by: Fritz
Date: June 19, 2022 07:42PM
Logitech C920x

couple clients and friends with these. Perty nice for the $.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: gadje
Date: June 19, 2022 08:10PM
I have the C920 (no x) and I agree it is GREAT. I had it from 2015. I wanted to buy more when Covid WFH started but there were nowhere to be found in stock.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 19, 2022 08:37PM
There is an app to use your phone as a web cam.

iOS 16 will add that natively as well.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 19, 2022 08:40PM
gadje
I have the C920 (no x) and I agree it is GREAT. I had it from 2015. I wanted to buy more when Covid WFH started but there were nowhere to be found in stock.

I have been using this model as well and it has worked well.

Tips on how to improve video conference quality [forums.macresource.com]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 19, 2022 08:57PM
do you have an old iphone you can use. iphones make excellent web cams. there are a number of apps that make it easy. i used an iphone x throughout the pandemic. now that i got a 13 i will use my 11 as the cam.

in fact i have a logitech C920s to sell if you are interested. i used it very little once i discovered how well iphones work as webcams.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: August West
Date: June 19, 2022 08:57PM
920 for me, too

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Posted by: jonny
Date: June 19, 2022 09:01PM
Hold out for iOS 16 and Continuity Camera.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 19, 2022 09:13PM
E-Meet C960 ain't too shabby for $27 (less than half the Logitech's C920x's price).....

for ~$10 more you can bump yourself on up to their C970L, w/ builtin ring light and 60fps video if y'all have decent bandwidth.

If your needs fit, and your environment is compatible, this can be a great option, but it's a little more hands on that its little brother above.....
which is dead-bang simple P&P.

Love Logitech gear, but these days their webcams are a bit overpriced, though occasionally you can score up to 30% off thru Logi's promos,
.....which makes their webcams more attractive, and competitive.

I had to ply my cheap @$$ in-laws with decent webcams and add'l gear for all the family Zoomin' during Covid, because their old setups pretty much sucked; so I ended up checking a lot of stuff out during the pandemic, and E-Meet gave the best performance for my un-reimbursed dollars to make Zooming w/ them bearable.
cool smiley
==
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: June 19, 2022 09:20PM
Sold a ton of the C920 on Amazon for $300 during the early part of 2020. They were just sitting on the shelves at Walmarts in rural areas of the country…I remember scouring all of Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma, east and south Texas, and Louisiana. It was ridiculous, Walmart’s own website or employees couldn’t tell you if they were in stock at a particular store, but BrickSeek could (and they pulled the data directly from Walmart’s servers (in cooperation with Walmart no less). Result was hard to find items sat wasting away at isolated stores. Same for freezers during that period (made a killing on those).. I remember once looking at over 50 freezers at my next door Walmart, and the website saying there was none in stock. It was ridiculous.
Posted by: gadje
Date: June 19, 2022 09:32PM
did you sell freezers on Amazon?
Date: June 19, 2022 09:38PM
No, that was all local (Facebook Marketplace). Cameras were Amazon.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 19, 2022 11:29PM
Very cool.

Carnos Jax
Sold a ton of the C920 on Amazon for $300 during the early part of 2020. They were just sitting on the shelves at Walmarts in rural areas of the country…I remember scouring all of Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma, east and south Texas, and Louisiana. It was ridiculous, Walmart’s own website or employees couldn’t tell you if they were in stock at a particular store, but BrickSeek could (and they pulled the data directly from Walmart’s servers (in cooperation with Walmart no less). Result was hard to find items sat wasting away at isolated stores. Same for freezers during that period (made a killing on those).. I remember once looking at over 50 freezers at my next door Walmart, and the website saying there was none in stock. It was ridiculous.
Posted by: jonny
Date: June 20, 2022 12:05AM
anonymouse1
Very cool.

Carnos Jax

Yeah. I heard about people making bank reselling hand sanitizer as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2022 12:06AM by jonny.
Date: June 20, 2022 01:35AM
I stayed away from healthcare items as a matter of principle. There was enough money to be made on personal electronics and stuff tucked away at rural stores. Only thing that allowed me to do it was the inefficiencies of Walmart. Managers were so eager to get rid of some this stuff (like freezers) that weren’t moving and taking up valuable space, they would knock off 50%-75% if I bought in bulk. The most bizarre thing I ever seen. No wonder Amazon is eating their lunch.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 20, 2022 08:56AM
Yeah, I assumed all this, which together with the increased market efficiencies and my assumption that you were making good money, led to say “very cool”. Real win-win-win stuff.

Carnos Jax
I stayed away from healthcare items as a matter of principle. There was enough money to be made on personal electronics and stuff tucked away at rural stores. Only thing that allowed me to do it was the inefficiencies of Walmart. Managers were so eager to get rid of some this stuff (like freezers) that weren’t moving and taking up valuable space, they would knock off 50%-75% if I bought in bulk. The most bizarre thing I ever seen. No wonder Amazon is eating their lunch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020