advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
S.O.S. redux (Save Our Schlemiel)
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 20, 2022 11:24PM
A few years ago the MRF community came to the aid of my sister and me (? Sorry if I got that wrong grammarians.) during her last days as I cared for her in home hospice.

First, let me assure you, this is neither as sorrowful or dire. Embarrassing? Oh yeah.

But I have set up a small GoFundMe because, well, I’m pretty sure Jerry Lewis is my spirit animal and Barney Fife is my muse.

A few weeks ago I headed out the door to work, dutifully grabbed a couple of bags of garbage for the dumpster as I went, and proceeded down the steps to the car.

14 steps.
13 of which I managed just fine.
Number 14? That one kind of got away from me.

Luckily, thanks to the garbage bags, no faceplant into the sidewalk. My left foot, however, was not so lucky. Three broken bones.

Long story short, my glamorous career as a delivery gig worker has been on hold for a few weeks. And, thanks to a few ill timed vet bills thrown into the mix, my emergency fund is having a small emergency of its own.

So, the GoFundMe. Thankfully, closer to girl scout cookie money than ‘run for President’ sized — $600 to make sure the rent money is there — with a ‘pay it forward’ plan in place.

As I get back on my feet, I will make a donation to whatever organization the donor specifies to keep the giving going.

To any and all moved to help, thank you. I know too well there is much going on in our chaotic world, so my gratitude is redoubled.

Regardless, I at least take satisfaction in leavening a few peoples’ day with the vision of 200+ pounds of Blankity Blank sailing through the morning air and landing on bags of empty Friskies cat food cans and old macaroni salad containers.

Praise the gods I took out the cat litter the day before. big grin smiley

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2022 11:27PM by Blankity Blank.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: S.O.S. redux (Save Our Schlemiel)
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 21, 2022 11:11AM
Done. Good luck!
Re: S.O.S. redux (Save Our Schlemiel)
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 21, 2022 11:19AM
I wish I had better words to express it, but thank you, so much.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020