advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Good quality inkjet for Mrs. cbelt3 - what do we like ?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 21, 2022 09:37AM
My beloved has decided that the Brother color laser does not provide good quality for her need for airprinted photos from her iPads. The Epson eco tank printers seem to be the bees knees these days. Does the phorum like these ? Any warnings ?

I've stayed away from Inkjets after every single one of my many inkjet printers clogged themselves to death.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Good quality inkjet for Mrs. cbelt3 - what do we like ?
Posted by: vicrock
Date: June 21, 2022 10:02AM
After multiple printers, both inkjet and laser, I am very impressed with my Epson Ecotank. We have had it for over a year and have just had to refill one of the tanks (generic). We got a screaming deal when it was first being pushed (Costco).
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: June 21, 2022 10:08AM
A second for the Epson EcoTank systems. I have the full-on office version (ET-5880) but my wife has two (ST-C2100 and SC-F100, one of which is a dedicated dye sublimation printer). Been very pleased with the Epson line thus far.

Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 21, 2022 11:08AM
I've heard nothing but good about ecotank.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: June 21, 2022 12:24PM
Get a printer that has more than cyan, magenta, and yellow inks. Not just light cyan,light magenta, and light yellow, but some sort of other colors such as red, orange, or green. It can include those light CMY inks, but the purpose of the other color inks is to expand the gamut of the colors you can reproduce on the paper. For example, it is impossible to get true fire engine red with just CMY pigments. Color theory tells us this. Also, try to get pigment based inks. They'll be more light fast. This will not be cheap, but it doesn't sound like she's looking for cheap.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 21, 2022 01:18PM
If I were in the market for an inkjet today, I would be looking at the Epson EcoTank offerings.

It is what it is.
Posted by: jh
Date: June 21, 2022 06:02PM
This guy called Best Printers on YouTube likes Epson Ecotanks. He has reviewed and compared several as well as other brands. Do a search on his videos for what you are interested in.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: June 21, 2022 07:31PM
Ecotank or not has Epson fixed their clogging jet problem? Just retired an Epson WorkForce WF-3640 because of hopelessly clogged jets. Replaced it with a Brother MFC-L2717DW, wife loves it for her shipping labels.

Grateful11
Posted by: Z
Date: June 22, 2022 09:55AM
So no Stylewriter II?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020