advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Browns QB Deshaun Watson: 20 of 24 sexual misconduct cases with plaintiffs privately settled
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 21, 2022 11:35AM
IMO, that sure is a lot of settlements for a guy claiming no wrongdoing, indicating he would fight all the "false" accusations. I still think Goodell will probably still drop the hammer on him with a 1 year suspension. Browns have already alienated the other QB, Mayfield by signing Watson. What a very Brownsy situation.

[us.yahoo.com]

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson has reached a confidential settlement with all but four of the 24 women who sued him and accused him of sexual misconduct during massage sessions in 2020 and early 2021, the women’s attorney said Tuesday.

Settling the cases allows Watson to move on from most of the litigation after it generated regular ugly headlines about him, at least somewhat spoiling his recent arrival in Cleveland as the new $230 million quarterback of the Browns. Settling the cases also helps him avoid several days of deposition testimony that were scheduled for him this week. Those depositions are no longer going forward.

A big question now is how the settlements might affect any decision to suspend him under the NFL’s personal conduct policy. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in May the investigation into the allegations against Watson was nearing an end, but it’s not clear what the league knew about two new lawsuits filed against Watson this year or information that came out of recent pretrial discovery.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Browns QB Deshaun Watson: 20 of 24 sexual misconduct cases with plaintiffs privately settled
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 21, 2022 01:15PM
Everybody's got their hands out.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Re: Browns QB Deshaun Watson: 20 of 24 sexual misconduct cases with plaintiffs privately settled
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 21, 2022 01:42PM
.....24 women.....is a lot.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: kj
Date: June 21, 2022 06:25PM
As big a problem as he seems to have, I find it inconceivable that he won't have more, but I hope not.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 21, 2022 08:29PM
Browns keep hiring idiots.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020