advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Best bang for buck iPhone w/respect to camera?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: June 21, 2022 08:13PM
My sister’s iPhone (7?) has crapped out plus she’s going to Alaska in a month. What fills the bill?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Best bang for buck iPhone w/respect to camera?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 21, 2022 08:28PM
13pro camera is really annoyingly good.
Posted by: davester
Date: June 21, 2022 08:51PM
11 and newer have excellent cameras, with improvements each year. Get the newest of these that she can afford. The Pro models of these add a third lens and some minor extra features. Though they are better than the 7, I would not bother with an Xs or Xr because they are a big step down from the 11.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2022 08:53PM by davester.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 21, 2022 08:53PM
The Pro 11, 12, models have 3 lenses. Only the 13 has a 3x zoom for shooting more distant objects.

A compact superzoom and iPhone 11 or 12 may cost less than buying an iPhone 13 Pro though.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 21, 2022 09:16PM
Wife's iP 5 was obsoleted by the carrier and my iP 7 is fast becoming the same. We decided on iP 11 and 11 Pro as replacements.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 21, 2022 09:48PM
I'd recommend a pocketable camera like a Nikon S7000 point and shoot for a cruise. It has a 20X zoom and when turned off, fits right in a pocket. An Alaskan cruise will have a variety of thing to take pictures of. Some of those things might require more than what an iPhone can shoot. I used S7000 goes for $75-125 on ebay.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: June 21, 2022 10:22PM
Her carrier may have a deal on a new iPhone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020