advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone Own a Shed from Lowes??? Any good?
Posted by: spacescape
Date: June 21, 2022 10:25PM
We are getting ready to pour a 8 x 12 pad for a shed and we are pretty sure we are going to purchase this one. Anyone own Heartland shed from Lowes? Any good?

[www.lowes.com]

I did find a couple of local(ish) shed builders that get good reviews and tempted to go with one of these places.

[www.timberbuiltsheds.com]

The Lowe's shed's looks a little bulkier on the roofline. But, doesn't mean it's better.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone Own a Shed from Lowes??? Any good?
Posted by: Cary
Date: June 22, 2022 11:22AM
I bought a 10'x12' vinyl/plastic shed from HD about 10 - 15 years ago. Built a crushed stone pad for it.

No maintenance, easy to assemble. Highly recommended...
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: June 22, 2022 12:31PM
I’ve wondered if you can have one beefed up.
Posted by: kj
Date: June 22, 2022 03:10PM
I have a Rubbermaid one from Lowe's and I'm amazed how sturdy it's been. Still looks good after more than 5 yrs. both relentless summer sun and cold winters. The type you're looking at is obviously nicer, so I would think either would be great.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: June 22, 2022 05:59PM
Around here there's a person renting or selling shed about every 2-3 miles and I'm not exaggerating much. One just popped up about two weeks ago 3 miles from our home. Kinda glad someone fixed up the old brick building they're using for a sales office. I know it's been sitting empty for at least 35 years.

My 14x28' shed was built by Mennonites at Harmony Sheds in Harmony, NC. I think it was $6500 with heavier 3/4" treated plywood floor, floor joist on 16" ctrs., insulated floor, six windows and two double doors.

Grateful11
Posted by: Forrest
Date: June 23, 2022 11:18AM
Two years ago I checked out the wood sheds built in the Lowes and HD parking lots. They looked cheap and we’re not built well and expensive. I went with a local builder that built the wood shed on-site. For $350 they even prepainted the shed and touched-up the nail holes after building the shed. I’m very happy with the results.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: June 25, 2022 01:41AM
It's been a while but when I bought a couple sheds, Tuff Sheds were markedly better than Heartland. So much beefier! and the guys came and just knocked them together in no time. Tten years on they still look great, one was moved during that time and I wasn't there but I heard it was easy. The only thing I did when they were installed was roll out some floor paint.

I know they sell Tuff Sheds at Home Depot but I went to our local Tuff Shed yard.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020