advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon 3rd party seller weirdness - shipped by walmart
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 22, 2022 11:05AM
I purchased paper towels on amazon from a 3rd party seller. Much to my confusion, they arrived in walmart packaging without my name or address anywhere on the package to confirm they had arrived at the correct location. I take a look online to see if walmart sells the size paper towels I ordered - no, they don't. Are these the size I ordered? No, they're not!

Back they go - apparently the seller is going to pay return shipping on the situation. I'll wait a couple of days first as I've seen sellers let you keep the item instead of eating the cost of shipping.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon 3rd party seller weirdness - shipped by walmart
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 22, 2022 11:29AM
An ill-conceived, small-time drop shipping attempt. Arbitrage for the...win?
Posted by: kj
Date: June 22, 2022 01:08PM
I'm ordering less on Amazon than I used to because the prices aren't necessarily that good, searching is the pits. I search and search, then after I buy something a million suggestions for stuff that didn't come up when I searched pop up. I just received something that was "fulfilled by amazon", that actually came from Ireland. It's become harder to tell where things are coming from, and while I could have figured this one out, I don't like spending so much time sleuthing. Ordering car parts is a whole other hell, in that you have no idea what's going to be delivered. It's ridiculous.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: June 22, 2022 02:46PM
I buy vitamins and supplements. Amazon is often not at all the lowest price--I recently saved 20-30% by buying from iHerb.com

kj
I'm ordering less on Amazon than I used to because the prices aren't necessarily that good, searching is the pits. I search and search, then after I buy something a million suggestions for stuff that didn't come up when I searched pop up. I just received something that was "fulfilled by amazon", that actually came from Ireland. It's become harder to tell where things are coming from, and while I could have figured this one out, I don't like spending so much time sleuthing. Ordering car parts is a whole other hell, in that you have no idea what's going to be delivered. It's ridiculous.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 22, 2022 03:57PM
I order as much as ever from Amazon but a larger portion of it gets returned.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 22, 2022 06:37PM
I've had eBay purchases delivered by Amazon before. eek2 smiley

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Plant Goddess
Date: June 22, 2022 06:37PM
My local pharmacy's prices are often lower than Amazon's on vitamins, supplements, and other things typically found in a pharmacy.
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 22, 2022 09:06PM
I've not been impressed with most of Amazon's pantry and subscribe-and-save type items prices. One exception is disposable batteries. Still the go-to for tech or one-off things that are hard to find or that other vendors charge shipping.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020