advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Ears to you — iOS 16 and new AirPod featues
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 22, 2022 03:43PM
Hands on with new AirPods features in iOS 16, including Personalized Spatial Audio

With iOS 16, Apple is making AirPods even better. These are the notable new features coming to Apple's popular earbuds and headphones in the fall.

There are two notable changes that we tested out with the current developer beta. Improvements to the settings and personalized Spatial Audio. Apple also released a beta firmware for AirPods to test out these changes.

Settings for AirPods

As of iOS 16, when you have your AirPods connected, a new panel will appear just below your Apple ID. It's just a tap away to get to all the settings you need for doing the fit test, checking firmware, or setting up personalized Spatial Audio.

Personalized Spatial Audio

Speaking of which, Personalized Spatial Audio is the next new feature. It uses your face and ear topography to map the 3D audio to you. It should increase the Spatial Audio effect as you listen to music or videos.

When you connect your AirPods after installing iOS 16, you'll see a new modal appear that explains how the personalized audio works. If you dismiss the modal, you can set it up by going into the AirPods' settings.

At the moment, iOS 16 is currently in developer beta. A public beta is scheduled to be released in July before a full release this fall. Stay tuned to AppleInsider as we walk through more features for Apple's upcoming software updates.

More at [appleinsider.com]

I haven't been onboard with Apple's Spatial Audio because I just couldn't decern much difference between it and normal audio.

But now, with my HiFiMan cans and the iDi DAC/Amp, it's a whole different ballgame.

Apple's coming iteration of spatial audio may or may not be a significant improvement, to me anyway, but as of now, I do have a real appreciation for it that I lacked before.

There's no head tracking as with certain AirPods and Beats, but that didn't impress me when I tried it with Gen 3 AirPods.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020