advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
they blinded me with science?!.....sorry ladies, but he is off the market......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 22, 2022 05:30PM
.....Bill Nye....the science guy....officiated by Star Trek's Robert Picardo....

Bill Nye Is Married! The Science Guy Star Weds Journalist Liza Mundy

The Washington, D.C., native has said "I do" to best-selling author Liza Mundy

....Bill Nye has found the woman he'll have chemistry with for the rest of his life!

PEOPLE can exclusively share that the beloved Science Guy married journalist and author Liza Mundy late last month at the Castle Building's Haupt Garden at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C.

Naturally, the couple's connection was forged over their shared love of learning and storytelling.

Mundy, a former Washington Post reporter and New York Times best-selling author, mentioned Nye's cryptanalyst mother Jacqueline Jenkins-Nye in her book Code Girls: The Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers of World War II.

When Nye got word of the book, he wrote an email to Mundy, and the rest, as they say, is history.

On the couple's special day, Star Trek star Robert Picardo (who played The Doctor across the franchise) served as officiant.

The pair wrote their own vows, which a source described as "equal parts moving and comical."

Nye, 66, wore cufflinks with small blue stones in the center that belonged to his father.

Mundy, 61, wore a classic satin sleeveless gown with a mermaid hemline and a jeweled belt at the waist that shimmered against her colorful bouquet.

Mundy's daughter, Anna, was among those toasting the couple. Nye's brother, Darby, and his school friend of more than more than 50 years, Brian, also shared words of support and congratulations.

The bride slipped into sparkling sneakers at the reception as she and her new husband took shared their first dance to R&B legend Sam Cooke's rendition of "What a Wonderful World."

Photos from the happy day were captured by longtime White House photographer Pete Souza.

he is like.....Liam Neeson.......Taken.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: they blinded me with science?!.....sorry ladies, but he is off the market......
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 22, 2022 06:36PM
I thought he was older than that, lol

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: they blinded me with science?!.....sorry ladies, but he is off the market......
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 22, 2022 06:41PM
What is kind of odd, is that his CV doesn't mention him going to WSU in eastern Washington. He was always the butt of endless jokes by host John Keister on "Almost Live" here in Seattle. Kiester was from the UofW here in Seattle, and Nye was from Wazzu. UW Huskies vs Wazzu Cougars.

Nye started to do his science education schtick on Almost Live, and it grew from there.

I had a lot of co-workers who worked with him when he was at boeing and sunstrand.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2022 06:42PM by Racer X.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: June 22, 2022 06:55PM
[www.youtube.com]
Date: June 22, 2022 06:57PM
smoke ring cannon! [www.youtube.com]

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: steve...
Date: June 22, 2022 10:11PM
I waited on him once when I was working in retail in Seattle. Told him I was a fan of his (science)) show.

(My #1 brush with fame)

Northern California Coast
Date: June 22, 2022 11:50PM
steve...
I waited on him once when I was working in retail in Seattle. Told him I was a fan of his (science)) show.

(My #1 brush with fame)

I think I met him at the Science Center during a science summer camp when I was fairly young..

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: kj
Date: June 23, 2022 03:58PM
Racer X
What is kind of odd, is that his CV doesn't mention him going to WSU in eastern Washington. He was always the butt of endless jokes by host John Keister on "Almost Live" here in Seattle. Kiester was from the UofW here in Seattle, and Nye was from Wazzu. UW Huskies vs Wazzu Cougars.

Nye started to do his science education schtick on Almost Live, and it grew from there.

I had a lot of co-workers who worked with him when he was at boeing and sunstrand.

Ah, the Apple Cup. I was lucky enough to attend the "Snow Bowl" back in the day. Ridiculous game. Bledsoe was quite a player.

Oh, and I thought Thomas Dolby got married.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2022 04:00PM by kj.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020