advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Mustard shortage about to hit
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 23, 2022 10:49AM
If you like mustard on your burger or hot dogs, it may be wise to stock up. Mustard seed producers in Canada and France, the two leading nations, report that the harvest is down more than 50% with production likewise dropping to half normal levels. The drop is thought to be linked to rising temperatures.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mustard shortage about to hit
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 23, 2022 11:06AM
.....so all those gazillion packs from order-in/restaurants....placed at the back of fridge will come in handy....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 23, 2022 11:08AM
I like mustard, but I could go the rest of my life without it.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: June 23, 2022 11:12AM
I always put ketchup on my hot dogs anyway.
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 23, 2022 11:27AM
If anyone gets in dire straits for mustard, I have you covered.
My late husband always bought more mustard when it went on sale. All kinds of mustard. He really liked it.
When he died I had like six or more unopened bottles/jars of it in the pantry. I have given away about half, so let me know if anyone needs free for the cost of shipping mustard. Lol

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 23, 2022 11:42AM

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 23, 2022 12:02PM
With a healthy supply of Coleman's dry on hand, I'll weather the storm.
Posted by: rz
Date: June 23, 2022 12:02PM
I just bought a bottle of Publix Dijon mustard, which I put on my sandwiches most days. Should last me several months.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 23, 2022 12:17PM
I have been training my whole life for this. The hard work saving and hoarding has paid off. It is my time to shine.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2022 12:57PM by pRICE cUBE.
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 23, 2022 12:30PM
pRICE cUBE
I have been training my whole life for this. The hard work saving and hoarding has paid off. It is my tine to shine.

smiley-laughing001

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: davester
Date: June 23, 2022 12:34PM
I am happily stocked up on Moutarde de Meaux, Dijon mustard, and Colman's hot mustard. Perhaps I need to pick up a couple more (honey mustard, spices brown, etc) before the shortage hits big time. Sorry, but French's yellow mustard is too bland and seems like a waste of good mustard seed to me, only for use when presented with a hot dog and no good mustard choices.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: d4
Date: June 23, 2022 01:04PM
I like mustard on my chicken nuggies.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 23, 2022 01:07PM
Col. Mustard will be off the hook for the foreseeable future...

It is what it is.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: June 23, 2022 01:59PM
vision63

You deserve all the respect in the world my brother as your brain is unparalleled.

However, I'm starting to question your health as that almost sounded like mustard could be an... optional thing? Nahhh, I prolly just read it wrong!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 23, 2022 03:25PM
Lew Zealand
vision63

You deserve all the respect in the world my brother as your brain is unparalleled.

However, I'm starting to question your health as that almost sounded like mustard could be an... optional thing? Nahhh, I prolly just read it wrong!

Same
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 23, 2022 03:35PM
I ran out of French's last night, so I'll pick up three 'bottles' today.

Maybe some ketchup and mayo while I'm at it.

And some 'dogs.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 24, 2022 12:22AM
Pardon me.........

Would you have any Grey Poupon?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 24, 2022 07:08AM
....you mean....any Grey.....to Poup....on.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 24, 2022 09:42AM
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: June 24, 2022 10:20AM
Try Heinz instead of French’s. It’s much more nuanced.
Posted by: decay
Date: June 24, 2022 12:05PM
mustard > ketchup

---
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 24, 2022 02:38PM
I don't relish the thought of going on a condiment safari this weekend.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: June 24, 2022 04:47PM
davester
I am happily stocked up on Moutarde de Meaux, Dijon mustard, and Colman's hot mustard. Perhaps I need to pick up a couple more (honey mustard, spices brown, etc) before the shortage hits big time. Sorry, but French's yellow mustard is too bland and seems like a waste of good mustard seed to me, only for use when presented with a hot dog and no good mustard choices.

It sounds like you and I have the same taste in mustard. If you like your mustard with a kick, Zatarain's Creole Mustard is worth a try and is my favorite. Piggly Wiggly store brand Horseradish Mustard is very good too. I just stocked up on mustard that happened to be on sale today at The Pig.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 24, 2022 07:49PM
Thrift Store Scott
davester

It sounds like you and I have the same taste in mustard. If you like your mustard with a kick, Zatarain's Creole Mustard is worth a try and is my favorite. Piggly Wiggly store brand Horseradish Mustard is very good too. I just stocked up on mustard that happened to be on sale today at The Pig.

I have found Zatarain's products to be good. I'll give it a try.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2022 07:50PM by mrbigstuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020