advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
YAY! GoogleNews has a new design coming
Posted by: hal
Date: June 23, 2022 12:12PM
I was invited to check it out ( I assume that anyone can) and I can't say that I really like the new layout, BUT (and it's a HUGE but) customization is back. The customization doesn't look all that great, but with a single click, I made 'Entertainment News' go away forever. I actually wrote to complain that there was no customization that allowed me to remove entertainment news. I feel heard!

NO MORE KARDASHIAN NEWS FOR ME!

I really hope I get used to the new layout - it feels alien, but being an old guy, I tend to complain about any change, then I get used to the new thing, then it changes again, and I complain that I want the old new version back again because the new new version is alien to me.

sigh...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2022 12:13PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: YAY! GoogleNews has a new design coming
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: June 23, 2022 02:01PM
The good old days... sniff!

Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 23, 2022 03:56PM
Jury is still out for me with new design.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 24, 2022 06:21AM
I can deal with it but it looks like more form over function. The current one is simple and easy to run through, the redesign requires a bit more effort to scan.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 24, 2022 09:52AM
i don't mind a little entertainment news. With so much crap going on, something that's not war, pestilence, or famine is a welcome distraction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020