advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
the wheels on the bus go round & round?!....Toyota recalls EVs......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 23, 2022 10:39PM
....the wheels might come loose......these are their first mass produced EVs, 2,700.....2 months after release.....

Toyota recalls first mass-produced EVs less than 2 months after launch

.....Toyota Motor Corp said on Thursday it would recall 2,700 of its first mass-produced electric vehicles (EVs) for the global market because of a risk the wheels could come loose.

The world's largest automaker by sales submitted the recall of the bZ4X SUVs to Japan's transportation ministry. Of the 2,700 vehicles, 2,200 were earmarked for Europe, 260 for the United States, 10 for Canada and 110 for Japan, the company said.

Subaru Corp also said Thursday it was globally recalling about 2,600 units of the Solterra, its first all-electric vehicle jointly developed with Toyota, for the same reason.

Japan's safety regulator said sharp turns and sudden braking could cause a hub bolt to loosen, raising the risk of a wheel coming off the vehicle. It said it was not aware of any accidents being caused by the defect.

The regulator advised drivers to stop using the vehicle until a more "permanent" repair measure was in place.

All of the cars recalled in Japan had not yet been delivered to customers as they were meant for test drives and display, spokespeople of the automakers said.

"We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this causes you," Toyota said on its website. "We would have repaired it as soon as possible, but we are investigating the details."

A Toyota spokesperson said not every model was subjected to the recall but declined to say how many it has built overall..........

recalled.......................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: the wheels on the bus go round & round?!....Toyota recalls EVs......
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 23, 2022 11:16PM
facepalm

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: davester
Date: June 24, 2022 02:04AM
Why is this even news? This about a microscopic number of pre-release japanese market vehicles by a company that has mostly opposed making EVs.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 24, 2022 08:52AM
Clearly some are already in the U.S.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 24, 2022 11:27AM
See, EVs are a disaster and will never catch-on. There is no public demand for these environmental disasters. I read this somewhere.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: June 24, 2022 05:40PM
DeusxMac

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Not exactly. I don't think either of those are available to the public yet. Also, their specs (power, range, charging rate and more) are absolutely bottom of the EV pack, by a long shot. That might be OK if they were cheap, but they are not. It's as though Toyota is continuing with their war against EVs by building something that nobody will want to buy.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2022 05:40PM by davester.
Date: June 24, 2022 07:23PM
davester
DeusxMac

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Not exactly. I don't think either of those are available to the public yet. Also, their specs (power, range, charging rate and more) are absolutely bottom of the EV pack, by a long shot. That might be OK if they were cheap, but they are not. It's as though Toyota is continuing with their war against EVs by building something that nobody will want to buy.

Since they're clearly here in the U.S., AND have left-hand steering, I'm assuming these bZ4Xs and Solterras are NOT going to be shipped back to Japan, so are NOT "Japanese market vehicles".

It is thought that the bottom of the Toyota line might be priced UNDER the other, current electric crossovers.
Date: June 24, 2022 10:13PM
DeusxMac
davester
DeusxMac

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Since they're clearly here in the U.S., AND have left-hand steering, I'm assuming these bZ4Xs and Solterras are NOT going to be shipped back to Japan, so are NOT "Japanese market vehicles".

They're pretty obviously evaluation vehicles so they have probably not been sold in the US.

DeusxMac
It is thought that the bottom of the Toyota line might be priced UNDER the other, current electric crossovers.

Well, that's just, kinda like, your opinion man, not borne out by the links provided.

Date: June 24, 2022 11:11PM
davester
DeusxMac

Well, that's just, kinda like, your opinion man, not borne out by the links provided.

Actually, DeMuro mentions this several times; see time 14:05 in the second link above.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 24, 2022 11:57PM
davester
DeusxMac

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Which company sells more cars than Toyota? I can't imagine them being defeated.
Date: June 25, 2022 12:17AM
vision63
Which company sells more cars than Toyota?

Volkswagen.

Date: June 25, 2022 07:59AM
davester
vision63
Which company sells more cars than Toyota?

Volkswagen.

As we're talking number of vehicles sold (as opposed to income or profits)...

Volkswagen was #1 in 2019, Toyota was #2, but in 2020 and 2021, Toyota was back on top.

[www.factorywarrantylist.com]

[www.autopunditz.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 81
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020