‘ A Yellowstone visitor was injured when he got too close to a bison ‘

[www.npr.org]

Video:

[www.nbcnews.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mess With the Bison, Get the Horns
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 29, 2022 04:19PM
Idiot had a 3 or 4 year old in tow as he went for the close up shot.
Posted by: davester
Date: June 29, 2022 05:05PM
Ranger: "Park rules and common sense say that you must stay at least 75 feet away from the bison"

Darwin award contender: "Hold my beer".

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Ammo
Date: June 29, 2022 05:25PM
Man with the bear spray seemed pretty nonchalant!

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: DP
Date: June 29, 2022 05:53PM
Way back in the late 80s we were working in GT Park and some idiot there wanted a picture of a Bison that just happened to be lying down. He yelled at it to get up for a picture and it didn't so he went up to it and kicked it! And the family tried to sue-!

Darwin Award finalists...

Resident Cardinal...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 29, 2022 06:29PM
“ working in GT Park “

Where did you work?
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 29, 2022 10:40PM
Watched some idiot wearing flip-flops chase after a bear on our visit 10 years ago. Bear was chill, lucky for flipflop man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2022 10:42PM by Acer.
Posted by: DP
Date: June 30, 2022 06:09AM
btfc
“ working in GT Park “

Where did you work?

All around the area. Mostly in Wind River, shooting cars for brochures and ads.

Resident Cardinal...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: June 30, 2022 11:33AM
"The man was taken to an Idaho hospital with an arm injury."

I should say so, as it appears to have been turned into a noodle that then flapped around in the breeze as he ran away. OUCH.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: June 30, 2022 11:41AM
Didn't someone die last month being gored? People need to leave these animals alone. They aren't there for your stupid selfies.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Diana
Date: June 30, 2022 01:06PM
I was driving through the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife area in SW Oklahoma several years ago now. We came around a corner and about a half a mile ahead a bison was ambling its way across the road. It was apparent from the size of it that it was taller at the withers than I (I’m 5’3”) and it stretched longer than the width of my lane. I stopped the car and let it amble.

That creature was MASSIVE and anyone foolish enough to anger it is too stupid to be let out alone. No slight intended for the disabled (differently abled?).
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 30, 2022 01:42PM
When I was twelve years old, I spent one summer week attending a Boy Scout camp on Catalina Island. On the final morning of our week there, we started to head down the hill toward the mess hall for breakfast... only to find a bison on the path!

He walked the entire length of the path, almost to the mess hall, then peeled off onto another trail and headed out of camp. He never did, but if he had glanced back over his shoulder during his little stroll he would have glimpsed an entire camp's worth of Boy Scouts trailing him in awe and wonder.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 64
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020