advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Little birds
Posted by: Diana
Date: June 29, 2022 08:28PM
I had to stay at work a bit late tonight, and on the way home I nearly hit a baby bird trying to make its way across the 3-lane road. I quickly turned the car around and tried to get to him before he was killed, but no luck. As I ran into the median to check on him, there was another little guy! Right there in the median, surrounded with a very busy roadway. With no mama swooping at me, no nest in sight, and little Doodie looking at me with that wide bright yellow maw wide open, I couldn’t just leave him there. But I can not take him home—I have two cats!

Against all better sense, I picked him up and took him with me. The plan was to feed him, find him a rescue, and if there were none, raise him (I think he’s a robin, from his coloration, and possibly at the fledgling stage if not a bit younger), and release him. By a rare chance I am on my own for dinner, so I stopped at the pet store for advice/food. For the bird, not me.

The guy there knew of a wildlife rescue relatively close by who was able to take him in. He’s currently being cared for.

Sorry, no pictures. I should have got them when I had the chance. My day is immeasurably better now.

Now for some dinner and get some milk.

Diana
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Little birds
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 29, 2022 10:11PM
Excellent Birds...
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 29, 2022 10:32PM
Good karma.
==
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 30, 2022 05:23AM
Don’t be stopping where you did again!!! Better the bird dies than you.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 30, 2022 07:39AM
emoticon_love

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Diana
Date: June 30, 2022 09:58AM
Speedy
Don’t be stopping where you did again!!! Better the bird dies than you.

Just stopping in the left lane (or any lane) without due cause is asking to get hit. I hit the turn lane, made the u-turn on green and pulled the car well off the road. And I waited for traffic to clear before stepping foot on the roadway. Mom didn’t raise an idiot.

Foot traffic in the area is not uncommon. In the one to two minutes it took for me to make that maneuver, one of the two birds died. The one I found was simply because I did stop.

Thanks for your concern though.

Edit: it seems like I wasn’t very clear. When I said 3-lanes, that’s 3 lanes north, separated by a grass- and tree-lined median, and 3 lanes south.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2022 12:26PM by Diana.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: June 30, 2022 11:29AM
Another MRF'er earns their bird rescue badge!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 30, 2022 02:17PM
When I said 3-lanes, that’s 3 lanes north, separated by a grass- and tree-lined median, and 3 lanes south.

I got that from your OP.

Gutsy move, Mav.

Glad your Mom didn't raise an idiot.

Too bad the odds were against the first bird.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: chopper
Date: June 30, 2022 06:14PM
Yay.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 175
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020