advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Orville is more Trek than Trek
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: June 30, 2022 09:11PM
Plots illustrating current social and political conflicts, unapologetically taking on controversial topics while advancing a very "Roddenberry"-like very American very progressive agenda, every episode hitting the mark.

Somewhere along the way they realized that Sci-Fi was just the medium and not the message.

It's more (TOS-style) "Trek" than any modern Trek.

If you only caught some of the 1st season and thought the show was all fart-jokes in space, you're missing something great.

'Glad that Hulu gave them a budget.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Orville is more Trek than Trek
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 30, 2022 09:19PM
....he basically just copied Trek.....even hired people who worked on the show......even stylistically copied it.....copied characters and just tweaked them slightly to make them slightly different.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: freeradical
Date: June 30, 2022 11:12PM
I finally started watching season one recently . I think that Pria, with Charlize Theron, was the first good episode. If they hadn't done any fart jokes, it would have been almost like real Trek. It wasn't bad at all.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 30, 2022 11:36PM
Norm Macdonald was the voice of Yaphet, but all of his dialog was recorded before he passed. They have a solution for season 4 if we get one.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 01, 2022 06:03AM
....not likely....the cast options have expired.....they would have to renegotiate....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: mspace
Date: July 01, 2022 09:03AM
Yep. Enjoying it . . .
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 01, 2022 10:06AM
At this point, The original Lost in Space is more Trek than Current Trek!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: July 01, 2022 12:07PM
NewtonMP2100
....he basically just copied Trek.....even hired people who worked on the show......even stylistically copied it.....copied characters and just tweaked them slightly to make them slightly different.....

Took 3 seasons, but it's paying off massively.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 03, 2022 09:12AM
Better late than never, but still too late.

Somebody should have slapped some sense into MacFarlane much sooner.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: fauch
Date: July 04, 2022 05:49PM
I don't think it's more Trek than Strange New Worlds. I like The Orville and watch it regularly but SNW is definitely in the running for the Trek crown. Discovery and Picard, not so much...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020