AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I think I caught Amazon Lying about Tracking Info
Posted by: gadje
Date: July 02, 2022 09:51AM
Order Confirmation: Sunday, June 26

Arriving: Tuesday, June 28

Shipping confirmation: Mon, Jun 27

Delivery update: Tue, Jun 28. Your package is on the way but running late. We’re sorry for the delay.
Now expected June 29 - June 30. Track your delivery for the latest updates.

I check the tracking info and it says it has shipped via Amazon and it's running late. No other details. I have the option to cancel the delivery or update instructions. They show an Amazon tracking number TBAxxxx

Item arrives on June 30. I check the tracking info and it now shows Shipped via UPS on June 29. There is mention of the original tracking info, which had an Amazon tracking number TBAxxxx

what happened, did they eevn ship it in the first place in June 27 or not?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I think I caught Amazon Lying about Tracking Info
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 02, 2022 09:56AM
Box likely was entered in the shipping system on the 27th, but then pushed aside before the truck pulled out. Then it (and likely others) were noticed on the 29th, reentered in the system and actually shipped.

Logistics SNAFU, it's going to happen.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: July 02, 2022 01:00PM
For me, when I look at the tracking and see "delivery by 10pm" I know that this means that I'm not getting the package. Anytime earlier means that I probably will.

After 10pm or so some update gets pushed and status either changes to "sorry it's running late" or the whole tracking history gets wiped and three days later it shows as "out for delivery" again... Whereupon it won't be delivered, or at least not that week.

When they take the trouble to wipe the history it almost always means that it's gone. Either stolen or just never made it out of the warehouse. But I still have to go through the stupid "wait two more days and then call us again for a refund" thing after the newly-updated delivery-date.

...Occasionally, I get a surprise delivery two or three weeks later.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2022 01:04PM by Tiangou.
Posted by: August West
Date: July 02, 2022 01:08PM
I don't let it bother me, and don't order critical supplies online unless there is no other method.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Posted by: gadje
Date: July 02, 2022 03:04PM
I had packages running late before, but this is the first time I noticed they wiped the previous tracking info and re-shipped UPS.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 02, 2022 04:22PM
If you sell something on eBay, they tell the buyer it’s been shipped as soon as you buy the shipping label.

‘Course, they have no idea when you drop it in the bin. I suppose they could wait until tracking shows the first “received by” scan in UPS, FedEx or USPS, but they don’t.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 02, 2022 06:02PM
pdq
If you sell something on eBay, they tell the buyer it’s been shipped as soon as you buy the shipping label.

‘Course, they have no idea when you drop it in the bin. I suppose they could wait until tracking shows the first “received by” scan in UPS, FedEx or USPS, but they don’t.

they don't actually say that it has 'shipped'

They give you a tracking number and an expected delivery date.

When buying a label on ebay, the seller declares what day it will actually ship and ebay uses that to help with their estimation. When you list the item, you are supposed to declare your 'handling time'. If you tell ebay that you won't ship until two weeks after you get paid, little red flags pop up on the listing.
Posted by: chopper
Date: July 03, 2022 10:25AM
"caught Amazon lying"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020