advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
what's sadder?
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 04, 2022 09:57AM
what happens to all them legs from manufactured cut off jeans.
or
every grape that doesn't make the wine cut and instead becomes a raisin?

!#$@@$#!

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: what's sadder?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 04, 2022 10:00AM
[youtu.be]
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: July 04, 2022 12:24PM
Fritz
What happens to all them legs from manufactured cut off jeans.
or
every grape that doesn't make the wine cut and instead becomes a raisin?

It all depends on your perspective. I had a friend who drove a '63 Ford Galaxie that a previous owner had made seat covers for out of cut off blue jean legs. Most comfortable seat covers ever, plus 100% machine washable. I wanted a set for my car, but didn't know anyone who sewed at the time.

As for raisins versus wine, I like raisins but don't like most wine so I'm cool with that, too.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 04, 2022 03:00PM
I still have PTSD from eating/chugging a mini-box of Sunmaid Raisins back in the early 1960's that turned out to be full of bugs....;
so raisins are permanently banned from everything!

I've been fortunate to always have friends/relatives/others that were handy w/ sewing machines, so extra jeans' legs ended up as pillows, book covers, or other useful items. Unfortunately, I had to give up wearing jeans over thirty years ago because they're too restrictive to leg movement w/ my neuro crud....
Now I'm pissed off that I didn't think of seat covers.... Thanks a lot, TSS!

That said, my GF in the 1970's gave it a pretty (almost) good shot at a jean jacket back then, but her best work was making 'em into yokes for westernizing chambray work shirts and long sleeved print shirts. I still have/use a couple of blue-jean-leg tool rolls that our nanny made originally for what I had intended to be for wrenches*, but they've been used for screwdrivers since I bought a couple of sets of Craftsman wrenches (SAE + Metric) for my step-FIL back in the 1990's (that came with "free/promo" rolls that were better designed for wrenches*). FIL got the wrenches, I kept the BOGO rolls. Win/win.
*Turned out to be a bit too lopsided for wrenches, especially as the wrenches got bigger, so the Sears Holiday Sale solved a lot of issues back then.

If anybody wants, I could dig the rolls out of "the box", and post a pic. In more recent times, aka The Pandemic Era, our nanny has made multi-layer masks for us out of my pajama bottom's legs. It's difficult to find short pj's that I like, so I find regular pj bottoms that I do like, and she amputates the legs and makes stuff w/ 'em. I get the much appreciated (and necessary) short pj's. More win/win.... but I do very much miss jeans. Coincidentally, Baby Buzz has just recently entered/finally discovered, his own jeans' phase (as he pushes thirty...), but cutoff's have yet to factor into his paradigm.... we'll see what the next few years beget, and if any jeans' legs are included.

Another "sad" option is needed.
==
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 04, 2022 05:13PM
every grape that doesn't make the wine cut and instead becomes vinegar. sad smiley
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 04, 2022 05:17PM
As for raisins versus wine, I like raisins but don't like most wine so I'm cool with that, too.

I know two people who both like wine and hate raisins, for no articulated reason.

Me, not a drinker but a raison lover, also love 'craisins'.

I still have PTSD from eating/chugging a mini-box of Sunmaid Raisins back in the early 1960's that turned out to be full of bugs...

A guy I used to work with had an identical story, 'bugs' being an understatement (young bugs!0.

He told me that he made himself vomit.

I said seeing what happened would be all the inducement needed.

Since then I never eat raisins out of the box.

Poured onto a plate and screened, it only takes a second.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2022 05:17PM by RAMd®d.
Posted by: testcase
Date: July 04, 2022 05:54PM
"I still have PTSD from eating/chugging a mini-box of Sunmaid Raisins back in the early 1960's that turned out to be full of bugs....;
so raisins are permanently banned from everything!"

What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a worm?

Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 04, 2022 06:39PM
"A guy I used to work with had an identical story, 'bugs' being an understatement (young bugs!).
He told me that he made himself vomit.
I said seeing what happened would be all the inducement needed.
Since then I never eat raisins out of the box.
Poured onto a plate and screened, it only takes a second."

Oh, yeah, I upchucked, too. Not pretty.
Also down w/ 'craisins' every day on my (Coach's) oatmeal, but still to this this day, the taste of grape raisins makes me gag.
==
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 04, 2022 07:24PM
" I still have PTSD from eating/chugging a mini-box of Sunmaid Raisins back in the early 1960's that turned out to be full of bugs....; "

think this may be the reason my spouse keeps raisins in the fridge .... always.
I prefer to pantry them, but inspect with each use.

my da called fridged raisins "bullets".

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 04, 2022 08:15PM
....sad songs......they say.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020