Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Carlos Santana collapses on stage at Pine Knob
Posted by: DP
Date: July 05, 2022 09:34PM
[www.detroitnews.com]

My wife is there with and texted me when it happened but didn't know what was going on.

It has been a muggy day. Maybe something to do with it.

Back to music...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2022 09:38PM by DP.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Carlos Santana collapses on stage at Pine Knob
Posted by: hal
Date: July 05, 2022 10:34PM
Damn - I hope it was just the heat getting to him

hope he's doing well - one of my alltime favorite humans
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: July 06, 2022 10:14AM
From the article linked in the OP.

*‚ÄĚSantana commented on the [Santana Facebook] page, saying "to one and all. thank you for your precious prayers. Cindy and I we are good just taking it easy. forgot to eat and drink water so I dehydrated and passed out. blessings and miracles to you all."

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 06, 2022 01:55PM
.....seemed to be 'heat exhaustion'.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: freeradical
Date: July 06, 2022 02:31PM
Weed is 20x stronger today
Posted by: Buzz
Date: July 06, 2022 03:44PM
Saw him several times in the late 60's in SF. Top tix $3, usually less. It was the people in the crowd that collapsed back then, not Carlos.....
He was a serious bundle of energy in his twenties.
I can't imagine going to one of those ballroom style venues, that didn't have seating, and trying/having to stand thru the whole concert now.
Glad to hear he's doing better; he'll be nourished and hydrated from now on....
Stay safe.
==
Posted by: DP
Date: July 06, 2022 04:26PM
Saw him several times in the late 60's in SF. Top tix $3, usually less. It was the people in the crowd that collapsed back then, not Carlos.....

Same here, except for it was in Detroit, not SF.

I didn't go to this concert as we had done lot of work up at our cottage, then, on the drive home the traffic was nearly as bad as what it would have been on Monday, and it took four plus hours to get home instead of the usual three! So I was just whacked out and a friend of my wife's was more than happy to go with her...

Back to music...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 06, 2022 10:53PM
Santana was just here in San Diego a few weeks ago with EWF. Saw Santana, Chicago and WAR at the same concert many moons ago. That was something else - hardly ever see a lineup like that anymore. $8 LOL - everything was twice as expensive in Cali even back then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2022 10:54PM by bfd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 95
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020