advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Pepper gel PSA & Video: SLC woman attacked in attempted abduction.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 07, 2022 02:08PM
Previous forum discussions about pepper gel and why I prefer it over the fogging type spray.
Home intruder: [forums.macresource.com]
Aggressive dog: [forums.macresource.com]
Aggressive dog: [forums.macresource.com]
General discussion [forums.macresource.com]

The story below indicates the victim of the assault was in a walking boot when attacked. This limited her ability to evade the attacker. Friends, keep in mind some safety/self defense considerations if you are walking alone, especially of you are vulnerable due to injury, limited mobility, with young children, etc.. A simple walk a few blocks away can change your life.

I know a firearm is part of the story but I hope this discussion can proceed without this being moved to the other side. I feel the value in the lesson outweighs the firearm aspect of the story.

Generally, I tell people close to me that being abducted to a 2nd location usually doesn't end well and to fight like h-ll, scream, kick, punch, gouge eyes to prevent it from happening. I covered many stories in my news days of people being abducted and moved to another location. With the exception of Elizabeth Smart, none of the victims survived. Many were raped before being murdered.

Story and video: [ksltv.com]

SALT LAKE CITY — A woman was hoping someone would be able to identify a stranger, after the man attacked her with a gun on a downtown street late Monday night and tried to drag her toward his car.

Cherokee Brodersen said she was walking in the area of 800 S. Main Street at around 11:30 p.m., on the way to see a friend, when the unknown man pulled up behind her in his car and ran up to her on the sidewalk.

Brodersen — who was in a walking boot at the time — said, though, she soon figured out the man was not going to take “no” for an answer.

“Instead of walking with me, he got in front and, like, flashed his gun,” the woman said. “I said, ‘Well, you’re going to have to shoot me right now because I’m not getting in your car.’”

She said the man fired a shot in the air and a struggle ensued, with the man trying to push Brodersen back toward his car, which was running with a door open.

“He hit me behind the ear with the gun and I felt my knees go,” said Brodersen, describing the assault. “When I got back up, he punched me in the face with the gun and started pulling me down the sidewalk by my hair.”

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2022 09:31PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Pepper gel PSA & Video: SLC woman attacked in attempted abduction.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: July 07, 2022 03:00PM
Eyes and groin, dig in.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Re: Pepper gel PSA & Video: SLC woman attacked in attempted abduction.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: July 08, 2022 08:34AM
Strong, smart woman. Every LEO I’ve heard says to never let an assailant take you to a secondary crime scene.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020