advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Zelle is failing me. Has anyone else been through this?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 08, 2022 10:52AM
I'm trying to send money to a relative via multiple Zelle payments due to max daily and monthly transfer amounts. 2x $2.5k transfers via citibank are stuck in 'processing' - if I call citibank, they say they'll clear in 48 hours whenever I've called this past week. The payments were started last friday. They also say there's nothing they can do - I basically have $5k in limbo. They blame ACH. To be clear, Zelle payments are supposed to be instant. Initial payments with BMO Harris were delayed a bit..two days? But my most recent payment went through instantly.

Anyway, this is maddening. I didn't realize this weird middle ground was a possibility. Has anyone been through this?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Zelle is failing me. Has anyone else been through this?
Posted by: datbeme
Date: July 08, 2022 11:06AM
Yikes. That's annoying. I have only sent through Chase, and I've never had an issue. Chase > Chase is instant, but everything else seems to have at least processed the same day. I find the autopayments to be very reliable for recurring things like rent payments for kids in college. Very convenient.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 08, 2022 11:24AM
mattkime
They also say there's nothing they can do - I basically have $5k in limbo. They blame ACH.

yea, Your $5k for 48 hours is good for them cheap bastids, I'd bet $500.
Commercial bank=crooked liars.

feel your pain. I've never zelled that much, topped at $1.5k.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: rgG
Date: July 08, 2022 11:53AM
I had a glitch with a Zelle transfer through Chase, but Chase was able to clear it.
I think I would harass Citi some more.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 08, 2022 12:03PM
rgG
I had a glitch with a Zelle transfer through Chase, but Chase was able to clear it.

K, I keep talking to first line staff who tell me it will clear in 48 hours before telling me the whole story. I might get pushier

Posted by: rgG
Date: July 08, 2022 12:40PM
mattkime
rgG

K, I keep talking to first line staff who tell me it will clear in 48 hours before telling me the whole story. I might get pushier

Supervisor. Lol

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: July 08, 2022 03:07PM
I dislike Zelle. Never had a problem with Paypal.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: July 08, 2022 05:29PM
The cool kids are using Venmo these days...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: gadje
Date: July 08, 2022 06:00PM
I am not sure if this helps... but it might give you a timeline.

back in 2020 I tried to send money to a friend. She did NOT accept it, did not have Zelle.

7/10/2020: I sent the money
7/12/2020: first message payment is still pending
7/20/2020: second message payment is still pending
7/24/2020: payment expired. The $xxx.xx you sent AAA BBB is back in your account

So it may take 14 days to get your money back. You're halfway there. Next time you may want to send a check.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: July 09, 2022 11:54AM
You probably triggered some sort of internal fraud flag or money laundering flag, I bet that the first line support aren’t even given any indication about it.

Why not do a direct bank transfer for such a large amount of money? Zelle, Venmo, etc. are meant for splitting bar tabs and sending a hundred bucks here and there, not sending multiple payments of thousands of dollars.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: onthedownlow
Date: July 11, 2022 08:28AM
I've had an issue happen where the money/transfer was just canceled. It was baffling for a while.

This was to my own account (from my another account I have). What happened, was on he receiving account, I had set up Zelle with my debit card information to process 'instantly,', but I realized after a few times that the card had expired.

Once I logged in and updated the info, then it took immediate like it should and instantly was credited to the receiving bank account.

So it also might be a factor of how the relative has Zelle set up, if they do at all?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020